Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Funding.....be carefull

I think it was shocking news today that RBS and their management are not being prosecuted by the FCA for profiting from destroying 12000 smaller businesses.This decision is apparently based on commercial lending being ‘unregulated’ and is potentially giving banks the green light to rip you off.So for any commercial loan,overdraft or stock facility you may  take out......I would say,get an expert to study the small print to explain any downside before signing up.

Total farce one of the biggest sweet it under the mat I have ever seen. 

The goverment where complicit in this 100% 

It was always going to be the way though if the fca did prosecute them it would open the flood gates to law suits that would see the bank at the brink again Along with the governments shares. 

Someone will win a case soon and then losses will be able to be reclaimed and damages don’t care how much it costs me I will be at the front of the cue. 

Shocking, but sadly not surprising. Some of the stories you here about this bring a tear to the eye.

A friends was put out of business by these guys, a little village garage doing just fine until RBS decided they wanted the property to sell to Tesco, it was shocking and they didn't give a damn, I even pulled the press card to try and help and they couldn't care !

2 hours ago, sparky said:

Shocking, but sadly not surprising. Some of the stories you here about this bring a tear to the eye.

+1 and hardly anything to cover this decision in mainstream media; just who is complicit in these matters and where does that trail end??

smaller traders have little protection and seem to be taken advantage of from every direction; there for the milking :(

A friends neighbours were both ex RBS,, used to fly to/from Edinburgh for work, all on ex's... took early retirement in the middle of the crisis (both early 50's); both with golden handshakes, final salary pension paid up, taken at 55 for departing early/helping reduce head count etc... They were asked back on contract at £1200pw within 2 months (3 day week all ex's met!).. They bought a villa in Cyprus and do two months out there and six weeks back here.. they dont see any wrong in how their employer behaved... run two v.decent lease Mercs renewed every 24mths in the UK....  after some considerable badgering, I supplied a very decent 2012 e class cabrio for Cyprus, money wasnt a worry - cash and ohhh, can I arrange shipping out there.... FFS

Non of this crowd up the food chain in the finance institutions take anything seriously, as they all appear to know they are on a winner with a guaranteed get out of jail card... and a guaranteed cash for life...

I appreciate the two I am aware of above did not cause this problem of the thread, however the represent all that it wrong in the very broken system of finance and governance in the UK..

rbs

i know of a great competitor to the likes of comet who were shut by rbs

i also remember the great auction at Leeds but it was finally settled before it got to court behind closed doors no less

work that one out

along will be someone who says they are bored of course soon because they dont understand combined finance or were it harvesters:lol:

2 hours ago, tradex said:

This is such a huge story but isn't getting much coverage, would make a great script for a film, the stakes were that high, criminal activity as high as it goes. 

But.....not as sexy as two off their twats stealing a bus, wrecking it and getting a suspended sentence again. 

carrilions another, builders still paying hire fees for construction equipment locked in sites for months, numerous stories, just barstewards lot of em,

• Like 1

This gets better,RBS today declaring a dividend for shareholders for the first time since 07 at the expense of 12000 businesses they have destroyed.I was chatting to a lawyer yesterday and he said that despite the FCA ruling not to prosecute because commercial lending was unregulated,he was in no doubt that RBS were involved in criminal activity.

8 minutes ago, trade vet said:

This gets better,RBS today declaring a dividend for shareholders for the first time since 07 at the expense of 12000 businesses they have destroyed.I was chatting to a lawyer yesterday and he said that despite the FCA ruling not to prosecute because commercial lending was unregulated,he was in no doubt that RBS were involved in criminal activity.

Heard this too.. all about central government being able to send positive signals.. virtue signalling.. they and BOE took RBS in hand and now we can pay a dividend.. arnt we all good boys.. now doubt the government being a shareholder will appreciate a dividend to prop up finances over the summer, buy May some new heels and provide some fake news as to why the arse just feel out of the exchanges rates.. how much did Fred the shred get as a pension to go with his Knighthood? and what was it Jim Royal in the Tv series used to say?

i saw jim carey said his piece at the bank of England then scare mongered the illiterate into thinking brexit is a bad deal,i just wished he had gone back to canada sooner at least interest rates are finally going in the right direction

1 hour ago, Area 51 said:

Heard this too.. all about central government being able to send positive signals.. virtue signalling.. they and BOE took RBS in hand and now we can pay a dividend.. arnt we all good boys.. now doubt the government being a shareholder will appreciate a dividend to prop up finances over the summer, buy May some new heels and provide some fake news as to why the arse just feel out of the exchanges rates.. how much did Fred the shred get as a pension to go with his Knighthood? and what was it Jim Royal in the Tv series used to say?

Jim Royal...?....Sorry 

41 minutes ago, mrs maybe said:

my a r s e:D

Ohh now that just covers so many topics on POET's day. The sun has been over the yard arm far too long now; I will be taking a cab home later...

On 2 August 2018 at 8:06 AM, tradex said:

This is such a huge story but isn't getting much coverage, would make a great script for a film, the stakes were that high, criminal activity as high as it goes. 

But.....not as sexy as two off their twats stealing a bus, wrecking it and getting a suspended sentence again. 

Main stream media is too busy pointing the finger of blame elsewhere?