Sign in to follow this  
D&M

ABS Pump Recon Recommendations.

Hi All,

We've got a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 Auto, has ABS fault code C2116. Pump Motor Low Voltage.

Checked the battery and alternator voltage and all good, so it would seems the pump needs reconditioning.

Is there any companies that anyone here could recommend from past experiance?

Much appreciated, thank you :)

Have you checked the voltage at the pump ? We had a corsa last month with a water damaged connector gojng to the pump cleaned it up and job done

We use ecutesting... not the cheapest but quite reliable. 

Like justin said, I would check the feed to the pump, not a big task. 

Thanks for the replies

Yes, we've checked the voltage at the pump and it's reading the same as at the battery. - Should have put that bit in the OP :rolleyes:

Thanks again, much appreciated :)

I assume you’ve checked fleabay for a secondhander?

To add to the eBay search i would google what the numbers mean as the ford ones we do a lot you can have different model numbers and they all still work something to do with the last 3 digits being the year it was made, have saved a fortune over the years having the cheapest options. 

We had a Fiesta in last week that had been fixed elsewhere, they took the instrument cluster apart and blanked off the lights! :ph34r:

Shame the speedo went through the ABS pump!

2 hours ago, Stalker said:

they took the instrument cluster apart and blanked off the lights!

I feckin hate that, had an MB in recently, guy had just bought it.

The t!ts had cut, (ripped) off 3 led's from the circuit board and wrecked it, had to fit a new cluster :frown

All it needed was a RF ABS Sensor and Reluctor Ring !!

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

I feckin hate that, had an MB in recently, guy had just bought it.

The t!ts had cut, (ripped) off 3 led's from the circuit board and wrecked it, had to fit a new cluster :frown

All it needed was a RF ABS Sensor and Reluctor Ring !!

What surprises me about these rogue traders yanking brake warning bulbs is it’d be easier shoving some Blu-Tak over the LED rather than ripping it right out. 

I’ve pulled a few stunts in the past but there’s no way I’d be bodging anything to do with brakes.

I bet ‘your’ man bought cheap.

53 minutes ago, BHM said:

I bet ‘your’ man bought cheap.

Private Sale, very tidy Car, but I think he paid dear bearing in mind he spent almost 2.5k in our workshops getting it all up to scratch !! 

V12 S 600 AMG

Apart from ABS issue, which was relatively cheap, he had to have Second Hand Cluster, which we virginised, fitted and coded, plus 2 Door Actuators for Soft Close, Valve Cover Gaskets, 24 Spark Plugs, (only the easy ones had been done) Alternator Clutch pulley and Idler Pulleys / Tensioner / Belt, Lower Arms and full Alignment and 1 ABC Strut weeping, plus all oils and fluids / filters. !!

Drives like brand new now though :)

2 hours ago, tradex said:
10 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

BBA Reman Rochester Kent

I wouldn't let those indianeers change the batteries in my Maglite, used to be good but recent, well last 5 years, have been a shower of shite for us.

Now it's funny you should say that, I used to use them lots 12+ Years ago when I had the G/Box firm, very good, and very local to me !!

Earlier this year I had a right load of grief with a Range Rover L322 ABS Unit, and sent it there 3 times..................

It was a right oddball intermittant fault, but yeah, point taken, I'll be a little more hesitant to recommend them for the future ;)

Cheers for the heads up, !!

we used BBA reman for an S-max ABS unit to be re conned, terrible service, not ready when it said, could never get hold of anyone, ended up in a shouting match with the guy at the end of the phone, complete liars and useless. 

On 7/25/2018 at 10:01 PM, D&M said:

Hi All,

We've got a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 Auto, has ABS fault code C2116. Pump Motor Low Voltage.

Checked the battery and alternator voltage and all good, so it would seems the pump needs reconditioning.

Is there any companies that anyone here could recommend from past experiance?

Much appreciated, thank you :)

Did u get sorted ? I have a 2006 Mitsi Lancer auto petrol we have in yard breaking can have a look for u ?

On 7/26/2018 at 8:15 PM, Dave2302 said:

Now it's funny you should say that, I used to use them lots 12+ Years ago when I had the G/Box firm, very good, and very local to me !!

Earlier this year I had a right load of grief with a Range Rover L322 ABS Unit, and sent it there 3 times..................

It was a right oddball intermittant fault, but yeah, point taken, I'll be a little more hesitant to recommend them for the future ;)

Cheers for the heads up, !!

On 7/27/2018 at 8:37 AM, jayrussell17 said:

we used BBA reman for an S-max ABS unit to be re conned, terrible service, not ready when it said, could never get hold of anyone, ended up in a shouting match with the guy at the end of the phone, complete liars and useless. 

my mechanic had an issue with a Renault Clio power steering rack that was sent to BBA reman for refurbishment, he said he had to send it back to them 3 times because it kept failing after just a few weeks...

Thanks all for the replies and tips - been run off our feet just recently!

We called a place up in Cullumpton about it, but didn't get a good feeling from them, so we are going to get back on it on Monday and hopefully have it up and running soon!

On 27/07/2018 at 11:17 AM, Ek cars said:

Did u get sorted ? I have a 2006 Mitsi Lancer auto petrol we have in yard breaking can have a look for u ?

Nope, not yet.... That'll be very much appreciated, I will get the part number to you tomorrow to see if they match!

• Like 1