Sign in to follow this  
XFS

Premises Required

After taking some time out, I,m looking for a fresh start.

My business is appointment only, not interested in walk ins or tyre kickers.

I want somewhere out of the way, preferably rural.

The ideal would be a decent agricultural building with water supply, but I,m open to any decent building really. Minimum size about 2500 square feet. I would also consider existing rural car pitches.

South of Nottingham and preferably North of London and Centre to East.

I,m in no hurry and I am constantly checking the normal places.

Just in case anyone knows of anywhere :)

Thanks

They’re like rocking horse shit, especially down my way (Kent) 

28 minutes ago, EPV said:

They’re like rocking horse shit, especially down my way (Kent) 

Yeah I agree. Even if you find somewhere thats ideal, they prob wont want motor trade!

Edited by Del Boy

You're either going to pay way over the odds for that or they wont let motor trade anywhere near it!

Been trying to find premises for the past few months and every time i book an appointment to go view its,

"What business are you in?"

Followed by a sharp "the landlord doesnt accept motortrade" and down goes the phone! 

Edited by Mikey360

I’ve given up on the idea of having a unit, outdoor compound and portakabin will be as good as it will get for me 

2 minutes ago, EPV said:

I’ve given up on the idea of having a unit, outdoor compound and portakabin will be as good as it will get for me 

Never give up, keep checking the rural areas, maybe off your normal routes.. or google ... :)

56 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

You're either going to pay way over the odds for that or they wont let motor trade anywhere near it!

Been trying to find premises for the past few months and every time i book an appointment to go view its,

Followed by a sharp "the landlord doesnt accept motortrade" and down goes the phone! 

Why does this happen?

23 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Why does this happen?

Presumably landlords don’t want cars pissing oil all over their floor and leaving a mess when the tenant has gone. Obviously we know differently and you would treat it like a showroom but that’s what they’re thinking I suppose 

there is one come up near me, in the north west, next door to my body work guy. its about 2-2500 sqft, wants 8000 P/A. I do a few minibuses and mainly LCV's so I dont think its big enough for me, but location wise its perfect. Whats the general view on indoor/outdoor? I think id rather have out door but there isnt anything near me

That’s cheap. Ask if he wants to move it to north west Kent for me? 

I appreciate what I’m looking for is not easy to find or I would have found it. I’ve only been looking for over a year...

2 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Why does this happen?

Think we have a lot of traders around here that use it as a front for other ventures.....

4 hours ago, trade vet said:

We have a vacant prime pitch in Newcastle.....and I mean prime !

I'm vacating a pitch in  Leigh (between Manchester and Wigan)

It’s taken me 9 months to find the ideal place, everything I found was either too small or no motor trade, luckily I have landed on my feet with my new pitch but 9 months! Night mare

2 hours ago, palomine motors said:

Where's this mate and is it up for rent?

8 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Why does this happen?

9 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

cars dumped all over, constant wet floor outside, customers parking everywhere but where the sign says [ only be a minute mate ] next doors little skip seems to attract old floor mats and broken wheel trims, revving, smoking, there mates leaving and spinning wheels, i could go on ..........:wacko:

6 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

Think we have a lot of traders around here that use it as a front for other ventures.....

Hmm. I'd imagine a drug dealer a good tenant though :lol:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

cars dumped all over, constant wet floor outside, customers parking everywhere but where the sign says [ only be a minute mate ] next doors little skip seems to attract old floor mats and broken wheel trims, revving, smoking, there mates leaving and spinning wheels, i could go on ..........:wacko:

LOL, I could have been that garage many years ago when i had the Trans Firm. I / Customers did all that, but the funniest 2 were:-

I Built a V8 Chevy powered Fiat 500 (old 1972 shape), hot summers day, units all had their doors and windows open, big tyre burn out in our Car park, both the neighbouring units evacuated coughing and thinking there was a fire :D

Also went in one Sunday, (bin collection was a Monday Morning), scrapped a load of old Auto Box Gearsets etc etc, filled up next doors skip then put some of their Cardboard boxes on top. Bin lorry lifts bin at 10am next day, humongous rumble and crash, bottom fell outta their bin :lol: I denied all knowledge of that one :o

In my defence I was only in my early 30's and a little wild back then :lol:

18 hours ago, palomine motors said:

how big? cost?

1 hour ago, tradex said:

two brother's I believe built two V8 126's

It was their 126's that inspired me ;)

The Skinner Bro's, they were mates of mine, took my Fiat 500 to Avon Park once with them. Nice lads, but they didn't like my Business partner who used to take it to strips more than I did and tell everyone he built it etc etc !!

Mind I didn't like him much either after he stole a load of money out of the Business, then cost me an f'ing fortune to get rid of the c*nt !!

The elder Bro lost his young son, very tragic, they are lovely Guys, good craic ;)

7 hours ago, hornbeam said:

See this online, bit above my budget but may suit.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-to-let/property-68953244.html

B2 industrial use only ........ There lies your problem, it does not have retail car forecourt use. It is solely a warehouse for storage and distribution purposes only. Now, I know B2 use, if you sell your cars online, appointment only for collection your local council should agree, however I strongly advise you speak to them, tell them your plans and get written confirmation like I did. My Business premises is B2 and because I could prove I already operated "sold online" only, that way my landlord and the council had no problems with my usage and giving me the lease.........

It absolutely suits me and my business model to the ground :)

The add, the warehouse main use is for storage, the internet is solely your retail forecourt. Confirmed buyers collect from you only. You do not offer viewings... Yeah perfect !!

11 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

B2 industrial use only ........ There lies your problem, it does not have retail car forecourt use. It is solely a warehouse for storage and distribution purposes only. Now, I know B2 use, if you sell your cars online, appointment only for collection your local council should agree, however I strongly advise you speak to them, tell them your plans and get written confirmation like I did. My Business premises is B2 and because I could prove I already operated "sold online" only, that way my landlord and the council had no problems with my usage and giving me the lease.........

It absolutely suits me and my business model to the ground :)

The add, the warehouse main use is for storage, the internet is solely your retail forecourt. Confirmed buyers collect from you only. You do not offer viewings... Yeah perfect !!

Thanks for the link :) Looks pretty good but I don’t fancy the location.

19 hours ago, hornbeam said:

See this online, bit above my budget but may suit.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-to-let/property-68953244.html

Quoted the wrong poster, sorry.

Thanks for the link :)