Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Epoxy floor paint

Twerp, I don't agree with you, I don't think my pictures look awful, I get nothing but praise buy my coleagues and customers about the quality of my adverts. I think you are picking fault just for picking fault's sake. I also think the vast majority of people would agree. You never seem to have anything positive to add to posts on the forum and you are always negative. Now, I can take critisism when its due and I invite it because it helps me learn and grow. But you are sort who would say the most beautiful woman in the world is ugly because she has a freckle.

It's not even criticism, but a mere observation that you have zoomed in a bit too much.

The image on your home page is of a better resolution and shows your cars shining. Which really is the aim. Side by side, the Santa Fe looks dull and washed out.

201414_11_big.jpg

0_1_banner.jpg

Ive always noticed if I screen shot a video it  looks better than the pics I take using the same iphone :blink:

10 minutes ago, twerp said:

It's not even criticism, but a mere observation that you have zoomed in a bit too much.

The image on your home page is of a better resolution and shows your cars shining. Which really is the aim. Side by side, the Santa Fe looks dull and washed out.

201414_11_big.jpg

0_1_banner.jpg

The thing is 

Twerp, you think it looks awful, I simply don't, when you look at the pictures through multiple devices the pictures really stand out. As I said, you never have a positive thing to say about anything, you are a doomer, a bad trip. 

Well., I am so impressed with the way expoxy flooring enhances the pictures.... I have decided I am going to do the whole unit floor, I will then be able to do some kind of walk through the unit introduction and conclusion in my videos......it should be quite impressive for the billies (along with imperial leather soap) in the toilets :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Well., I am so impressed with the way expoxy flooring enhances the pictures.... I have decided I am going to do the whole unit floor, I will then be able to do some kind of walk through the unit introduction and conclusion in my videos......it should be quite impressive for the billies (along with imperial leather soap) in the toilets :) 

Good choice, it can only enhance what has already been done and that looks great IMHO... ;) Doing the "handover area" in the doorway will make it look great.. 

Maybe come up the walls 6" if you can be bothered, it'll keep dust right down.. They do some floor application tools for doing a large area's, or yard brush handle with 2' of wood secured to the end will help apply it in no time. I think you can get soap molds, soap on a rope etc.. all great winter projects...  :D

Just need some printed £20 note toilet paper...

35 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Don't be putting imperial leather in the bogs, they'll know you're having four figs across every car. 

Give em swarfega, in an industrial tub. 

• Like 2

Thanks A51, I’m gonna do it myself in three separate applications, this’ll reduce disruption. 

3 minutes ago, EPV said:

Don't be putting imperial leather in the bogs, they'll know you're having four figs across every car. 

Give em swarfega, in an industrial tub. 

It’s a cheap Aldi copy :) 

Btw, swarfega isnt my thing, it’s far too gritty and make your balls sore....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Thanks A51, I’m gonna do it myself in three separate applications, this’ll reduce disruption. 

It’s a cheap Aldi copy :) 

Grand, that'll do it - save on an Xmas party too, you'll be high as a kite after three coats! Good man on the Aldi copy summat with a bit of "roughage" in; and ralgex the bog seat, stop them getting comfy..

PS - check out drying times of the epoxy in colder weather.. Might help to warm the tin before application, they can go thick - quick! Thinking how long the stock is outside etc.

Edited by Area 51

13 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Grand, that'll do it - save on an Xmas party too, you'll be high as a kite after three coats! Good man on the Aldi copy summat with a bit of "roughage" in; and ralgex the bog seat, stop them getting comfy..

PS - check out drying times of the epoxy in colder weather.. Might help to warm the tin before application, they can go thick - quick! Thinking how long the stock is outside etc.

No, I mean I’ve divided up the remaining space into three and will do each section in 2 coats,when one has dries I’ll do the next.. 

I can then rotate the cars without too much disruption 

• Like 1

Understood ohh wise one, that'll work a treat - going to look good.. those vinyl printing shops can do some superb posters, any shape or size!! Was thinking of a couple of strictly dancers; legs n big heels etc :D although thinking about; probably... upset Mrs Billy when viewing .... ;)

You'll be doing the man cave between Xmas and NY...

Can I ask a cheeky question? How much?

What size is your unit?  I have 1600sq ft and the grey floor paint that was already down (fresh but just cheap crap) is already starting to lift (as I knew it would).

Trying to work out cost pro rata from what it will cost you.

16 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

the grey floor paint that was already down (fresh but just cheap crap) is already starting to lift (as I knew it would).

I had that at my old unit, you will have to steam clean all that shite off first and then use a good quality (non Pikey), concrete floor paint / sealer, otherwise if you just go over it again it will continue to lift :(

Just now, Dave2302 said:

I had that at my old unit, you will have to steam clean all that shite off first and then use a good quality (non Pikey), concrete floor paint / sealer, otherwise if you just go over it again it will continue to lift :(

Now can you lie and give me some better news :lol:

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Can I ask a cheeky question? How much?

What size is your unit?  I have 1600sq ft and the grey floor paint that was already down (fresh but just cheap crap) is already starting to lift (as I knew it would).

Trying to work out cost pro rata from what it will cost you.

Its 3400ft, you need to buy the best quality Mark and prep really well as Dave says. Let it dry properly and give it two coats.

https://www.resincoat.co.uk/

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Its 3400ft, you need to buy the best quality Mark and prep really well as Dave says. Let it dry properly and give it two coats.

https://www.resincoat.co.uk/

Cheers Simon

Save me doing the math (as they say in the states) - costings for 1/2 the size of yours?

Gulp!

Cheers Simon.

I shall let this "new" crap paint thin a little further first then (get some value out of it).

Thanks again.

Very approximately around £1500 ish.

That's a fair old chunk of cash, but it's going to look great when it's done!!

Just now, Ocsltd said:

That's a fair old chunk of cash, but it's going to look great when it's done!!

Simon's is double that, his unit is twice the size of mine.

Just now, Mark101 said:

Simon's is double that, his unit is twice the size of mine.

:o:o I thought that was £1500 to do Simon's, so yours would be half that??!! :o:o

1 minute ago, Ocsltd said:

:o:o I thought that was £1500 to do Simon's, so yours would be half that??!! :o:o

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Cheers Simon

Save me doing the math (as they say in the states) - costings for 1/2 the size of yours?

Very approximately around £1500 ish.

:blink:

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

:blink:

:o:o:blink::blink:

Surprised Simon isn't laying his floor with £50 notes..... :P:D