Sign in to follow this  
Southeast

What would you do

17 hours ago, Southeast said:

Hi! All

I am new to the forum first time posting and il get straight to the point 

For the last two quarters my business has seen a huge fall in sales and ive been in the trade for 15 years and never seen things this bad, normally I turn my stock over very quick sub £5000 stuff and stock around 60 units but never have I had any issues but last two quarters ive seen a huge fall in sales and phone hardly even rings. I spoke with my AT manager who said "we don't know what's going on" (great help) when she said that I just hang up!!!

so today I started to look into opening another company up offering contract hire vehicles,

would you recommend I carry on with car sales and contact hire vehicles or just focus on one? I know I wont be able to work with LEX or Blackhorse in the early stages so finding the best deals out theie would be hard 

from your experience ones who are doing both how have you found it? what type of costs would be involved? 

Ive never thought about doing anything like this as business has always been good but things are changing so quick and its getting harder day by day keeping up

thank you for any advice in advance 

The slide downwards in business is across the board, it’s not just you. 

From viewing your website, it looks half hearted and I think you have let complacency slip in. It looks to me like your aren’t making any effort.

In my book your pictures and presentation is shockingly bad. Picture locations are poor, your pictures are inconsistent and poor, exterior pictures are taken far to close. Find a nice background for your photos, stand back then zoom in for your exterior pictures. 

Selling CAT C’s to the public is a very big no no in my book. Your descriptions are generic and boring. No videos appraisals. You are still using a vastly overpriced AT Stone Age website....

You need to up your game and Phoenix yourself. 

I love a straight talking no bullshitting car dealer but no fcukin way am I giving u lot a link to my website I am depressed enough ;)))))

30 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

I love a straight talking no bullshitting car dealer but no fcukin way am I giving u lot a link to my website I am depressed enough ;)))))

Better take it off your profile then!

12 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Better take it off your profile then!

That is brill fair play i what the kids call LOL for a while there

I dont think the OP should take any offence this was his opening post "I am new to the forum first time posting and il get straight to the point " just as everyone who took the time did went straight to the point/s

Be good for a reply from them though. 

Is this a wind up? The WWW has challenged most (sorry, all) businesses, check out the high streets! Retailing vehicles lends itself to the web nicely is my view, so make the most of it.

Although having looked over website; I now have some of my morning cuppa on the PC screen after looking at that V50!

Just what is going on there? -7 outside according to the display, why mats in the back and filthy boots on the grey carpet.? Lets not get onto the grey leather... is this OP even working at this pitch or letting someone run it for them?

Lets hope they get up soon and read these comments and reply..

It is a tad off i have to say, the Blue C1 had me scratching my head front wing showing a large dent which is an easy dent master on them, and steel wheels (dirty tyres) and no wheel trims. 

We go through a lot of C1 type cars the wheel trims are £20.99 on flebay and transform the car i keep two sets in stock so i havent got to wait for delivery if i win one at auction.

6 minutes ago, justina3 said:

It is a tad off i have to say, the Blue C1 had me scratching my head front wing showing a large dent which is an easy dent master on them, and steel wheels (dirty tyres) and no wheel trims. 

We go through a lot of C1 type cars the wheel trims are £20.99 on flebay and transform the car i keep two sets in stock so i havent got to wait for delivery if i win one at auction.

+1

Sometimes, somethings can not be unseen!.. moving on

You know for all this trouble shooting in the car dealer world we should set up a consultancy and start charging for this free game changing advice sometimes.

4 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

You know for all this trouble shooting in the car dealer world we should set up a consultancy and start charging for this free game changing advice sometimes.

True dat. 

This forum is brilliant. If you’re someone with half a brain and an eye for detail coupled with the knowledge here I don’t know how you couldn’t run a successful little business or even a fk off sized one. 

1 hour ago, whitestone679231 said:

I love a straight talking no bullshitting car dealer but no fcukin way am I giving u lot a link to my website I am depressed enough ;))))

Actually having looked at your website it's quite nice (ClickDealer sites usually are). 

I agree, I think Whitestone's site looks pretty good, although I know feck all about Websites, never needed one up here in the wild west LOL

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Steady on Nick ;)

14 hours ago, mrs maybe said:

all the cars need a bit of work only

remember you left the retailing side to concentrate on what you do best ie day vans

i think this trader has been slagged enough just like benji

he asked for help not a noose

I was having a giggle

6 hours ago, MrC said:

I was having a giggle

I’ve just bought a white 57 plate T5 T30 Lwb 102 122k 3 owners NSH, needs £600 paint, what’s it worth as is ..  ?