Sign in to follow this  
twerp

Delivery Question - Driver Takes Car Home

I had delivery arranged through Movex with a driver to collect from an auction.

It seems that he collected it before closing last night and drove it home 15 miles North where the car stayed overnight.

Therefore before he has even commenced on his delivery, the car has covered 30 miles.

Car is due this morning. It is nothing special or valuable but the whole situation feels a little unordinary ?

I had a car collected from a private, they picked it up late evening and dropped it to me first thing. I personally didn't have an issue.

Fair enough, I am just a bit peeved that it was meant to have been collected/delivered same day

Edited by twerp

Well that's different, I had agreed with the firm they would collect evening and delivered morning. Yours is a different case in that respect.

9 hours ago, twerp said:

Fair enough, I am just a bit peeved that it was meant to have been collected/delivered same day

Why? Are you sure you’re not just being ‘precious’? Sorry but I wouldn’t give a f*** as long as it’s not damaged.

Maybe

It arrived with a dent I don't remember in the auction but I can't prove it

I seem to remember being offered the alternative of either a late arrival, or first thing next day. With the vehicle securely stored overnight?

We had one of these years ago, I rang our transport company on a Friday to see where our Audi A6 was that had been collected from Blackbushe on the Thursday... he said it had been collected but we wouldn't see it until the Tuesday (Bank Holiday Weekend)..... Next thing is im up at Seahouses playing mini golf right on the sea front and I Spot our Audi A6 on trade plates being used by the driver!

He didn't know where to look on the Tuesday morning when i quizzed him!

Would some see it as a perk of the job? After all, it isnt their property and should be treated as such etc..! Hope you charged mileage...!