Sign in to follow this  
Dave2302

Medway towns nr Rainham ??

Anyone on here selling in Medway towns, nr Rainham Kent ??

My partner Mel's son, (34 years old Chef, just doing driving test), is looking for a first Car, so something you may want to trade out, have to be reasonably reliable, as he's 670 miles from my Garage LOL, budget around £1k and not too steep Ins Gp 

Cheers Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

My partner Mel's son, (34 years old Chef, just doing driving test), is looking for a first Car, so something you may want to trade out, have to be reasonably reliable, as he's 670 miles from my Garage LOL, budget around £1k and not too steep Ins Gp 

Cheers Dave

hi dave a grand you say

its the reasonably reliable bit im stuck on though

would it be ok if the car i sold him started say mondays wednesdays and fridays? this would fit the soga and your terms of sale i believe

maybe to make it easier i could bob round tuesdays and thursdays and like borrow his battery to make it all legal like?

3 minutes ago, mrs maybe said:

hi dave a grand you say

would it be ok if the car i sold him started say mondays wednesdays and fridays? this would fit the soga and your terms of sale i believe

maybe to make it easier i could bob round tuesdays and thursdays and like borrow his battery to make it all legal like?

Why the name change?

1 minute ago, David Ayers said:

Why the name change?

why not ?   its still not been ratified by the eu that this is an action against state law under the Geneva convention.

3 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Cheers Dave

Will inbox you Dave.

3 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Cheers Dave

Dave..I would tell your mates son to forget it,you get nothing for a grand down there.I think you should get  something from where you are  for £1500 which will be nice and deliver it.It will be a different world down there from what you guys are used to,they don’t leave their front doors open down there.( if you know what I mean )

You’ll be raped for a pile of scrap down there.

Who are these few name changers, I’m still trying to work out who they are :angry:

Well, some interesting replies there :D

9 hours ago, Okay dokay said:

Will inbox you Dave.

Thanks, I've passed on your details and told him to visit.

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

Dave..I would tell your mates son to forget it,you get nothing for a grand down there.I think you should get  something from where you are  for £1500 which will be nice and deliver it.It will be a different world down there from what you guys are used to,they don’t leave their front doors open down there.( if you know what I mean )

We can even leave the keys in Diggers, Quad Bikes and Cars, Cash, Wallet and Phone on the Bar !! Let a punter walk away without paying, knowing fine well he'll come back with the dosh when he says :)

Mel is my wife /missus / g/f / significant other, etc etc etc lol, suppose you could say mate, but I say partner cos we never did the wedding thing ;)

Re Buying, you're kidding me, I never buy anything more that 3 years old from North Scotland, for 2 reasons 1) It will be really really really really rotten underneath, (+2 more really's if it came from Skye),  2) Most of the 'jocks' think a £2000 Car full of sheep ming is worth £4k ;)

I buy most of my Cars either Sales or Personal from south of the wall ;)    Mel's C Class, I drove a Recovery Truck to Kent to buy it, nicked it off the guy, due to a Turbo Actuator Fault, car was mint inside and out, and underneath !! Cost me £120 and a couple of hours to fix it, hire of the Wagon off a mate, plus the 30hr trip down and back, and still a couple of bags under "trade".

Our family bussie, a Viano Ambiente came from Derbyshire, clean with usual electronic faults, got a train down and drove it back, had it 2 years now and would still be quids in if I retailed it, etc etc etc.

10 hours ago, mrs maybe said:

I'm really sorry, I just don't get any of that whole conversation, obviously been NW for too long now ............

When I say reasonably reliable, I mean like a Yaris, Getz, Micra etc, rather than a Vauxhall or VW which will surely bite his ass :) etc

and the rest of it ???????????????????????

Anyways, thanks for the replies guys and gals 

Cheers Dave

Hi,

Service history is a waste of time to me personally, unless I actually know who's been looking after it and approve lol, because as we all know, so many Garage Mechanics / Main Dealers etc are rip off, don't do Spark Plugs when they should, awkward Fuel Filters, remove Wheels to check Brakes etc etc.

Especially in the £1k car bracket ;) 

Colour, being a guy not too important but he'd probably wanna avoid Pink etc :D

Verifiable Mileage, preferably below 120k on a Jap but a well looked after Car at 150k is better than an 80k that's never been touched !!

05 upwards, anyone with a 18 plate for a grand call me, I'll buy it and come get it :D:D:D I'll leave today :lol:

Edited by Dave2302

18 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Hi,

Service history is a waste of time to me personally, unless I actually know who's been looking after it and approve lol, because as we all know, so many Garage Mechanics / Main Dealers etc are rip off, don't do Spark Plugs when they should, awkward Fuel Filters, remove Wheels to check Brakes etc etc.

Especially in the £1k car bracket ;) 

Colour, being a guy not too important but he'd probably wanna avoid Pink etc :D

Verifiable Mileage, preferably below 120k on a Jap but a well looked after Car at 150k is better than an 80k that's never been touched !!

05 upwards, anyone with a 18 plate for a grand call me, I'll buy it and come get it :D:D:D I'll leave today :lol:

Partner......sorry Dave,thought you were referring to your business partner bloke !

• Like 1

@EPV is down that way I think he might get a trade in to offer you.

If I lived in Skye I don't think I would ever be in the office to sell cars I would be out in the Cuillins all day that would beat dealing with screamers :D

• Like 1

I'm not a million miles away but my stock is £5-11k so unlikely to get a £750 trade in and if someone did offer one up I'd bid them £200 so they'd sell it somewhere else!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

@EPV is down that way I think he might get a trade in to offer you.

If I lived in Skye I don't think I would ever be in the office to sell cars I would be out in the Cuillins all day that would beat dealing with screamers :D

Honestly, we don't get Screamers, much more laid back up here, I actually have to ring and ask folks to come and pick up their Cars when ready..............

I moved up here from Sth London / Kent 11 years ago to semi retire outta the "Rat Race", better Health Care, better Schools, almost Zero Crime etc etc.

I only started the business a couple of years ago because I saw an opportunity in the community, and wanted something to do !!

I generally do around 5 hrs actual work 4- 5 days a week, and the rest of my time is doing exactly what myself or Mel want to do. I only gave up Water-skiing and sold the Boat 2 years ago because I'm getting too old now for Barefootin' :) and also we had a couple of family terminal illnesses on Mel's side which were taking a lot of our spare time up and down to Kent England.

Edited by Dave2302