Sign in to follow this  
DBDlloyds

Volvo V70 2.4 D5 Manual

Morning all,

Just a note to get your thoughts on the sales potential of a Volvo V70 D5 but with manual transmission.

I have sold an auto but am unsure if the manuals are sought after. I know from what you guys have said in the past a manual transmission in a Merc is the kiss of death, so just wondered if it was the same with the Volvos....

Many thanks Dean.

Hi Dean

I know ‘home traders ‘who only sell Volvo Estates and they have been doing it for years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dlloyds said:

Morning all,

Just a note to get your thoughts on the sales potential of a Volvo V70 D5 but with manual transmission.

I have sold an auto but am unsure if the manuals are sought after. I know from what you guys have said in the past a manual transmission in a Merc is the kiss of death, so just wondered if it was the same with the Volvos....

Many thanks Dean.

Hi Dean, all V70s either  manual or Auto are very good sellers. They are not undesirable like a Mercedes manual. :) 

It won’t make a blind bit of difference - Volvo men buying this age of Volvo are a different breed to the average German car buying arseholes.

The only problem I’ve had is with cloth seats - and if it’s an early Torslanda with cloth seats and wheeltrims/tiny alloys God help you! :lol:

Always check for messages when they are in block referring to autobox ! Ignore engine service and Alarm service messages.  ps my brother runs a 260k xc70 d5 with autobox and car still performs impeccably although manual box in d5 makes it a drivers car indeed.

Edited by Ek cars

Thanks Ian.... to be fair I would love to just deal in these. 

EK, there was a 53 plate up for sale on EBay last year had covered 560,000 miles and he still sold it for a £1,000...

• Like 1

I love a miley Volvo! :D

Smoked a 170k manual S60 for a bit recently, was that impressed with that that when it sold I treated myself with a lowe mileage 150k auto! 

Both ended up with friendly Romanian gentlemen via the bay of e.. 

D5 engine is lovely. Rubber caps over chrome valadium bolts under the bonnet

31 minutes ago, tradex said:

The wife ran a couple of S60 D5's (220k and another to 160K), wonderful cars, go like stink, brilliant on fuel, cracking sound systems, freezy cold air cons, a lovely driver's car, solid build

Stop it, you’re making me want another now :lol: