Sign in to follow this  
Wood235

Trade plate renewal fee confirmation?

Hi, sent my cheque off for £165 middle December as I do every year for my annual trade plate renewal and not heard anything back yet. I don't think we are going to get the little triangle anymore? I would have thought that we would still get some sort of receipt to show we are legal again? Anyone else having same issue? Thanks..

Hi , we did the same however a wee bit earlier in December we have received a receipt confirming payment, but as you say , you no longer get the triangular tax discs. Its maybe worth a wee call to our friends at DVLA to chase up

• Like 2

It took about 3 weeks for us to get our confirmation through, of course they backdated the renewal to the start of the month, i wonder if we had been using the trade plates in this time if they would have been legal?

Thanks for the heads up,i too am waiting for a receipt,you would think we could type our plates in and under model put trade plates on the dvla site until confirmation comes through wouldnt you?

Just to remind anyone who may not be aware as ive met a few traders who havent,make sure you log your plates on to the MID

Got my new suction trade plate holders from direct supplies and secured my old ally trade plates to them, very cheap n nasty and hope they will last! Not really £70 worth but then, what do we expect nowadays!

receipt received,if i sent a receipt out like this one though i would probably get an investigation from the tax man

• Like 1

Yep, ive just got my receipt through, must admit it is an excuse of a receipt tho!

As for the trade plate holders, they have a safety strap in case the suction holder failed.

We applied mid December for a renewal and only today did we receive confirmation!