Sign in to follow this  
EPV

Selling at the block

Usually I retail my part exchanges but I expect the more I stock the more I’ll end up with wanting to dispose of some swappers. 

I assume the only place I can sell at the likes of BCA, Manheim etc is in the multi vendor section? Which is obviously a minefield for a buyer so I expect prices achieved in such a sphere will quite often be lower than the allowance I give the punter for their swapper. 

Are there any other ways to achieve higher prices or at least somewhere between cap average and clean, can you add an assured report or is that only for large independents or franchises or is it a total waste of time anyway as proper traders probably won’t even be looking in the multi vendor section anyway?

cheers 

Forward them onto me!

10 minutes ago, benjiv50 said:

Forward them onto me!

get on the megabus with loaded mp3 player clean bowels and a pair of trade plates and a pocket of cash

no shorts to be worn on the journey mind

Just now, chief nut job said:

get on the megabus with loaded mp3 player clean bowels and a pair of trade plates and a pocket of cash

"Clean bowels"!!

Blue shorts and blue suede loafers out in force on Tuesday at BCA.. and he was teaching his son by the looks of things.. utterly amazing to watch.. then he stood in the oil patch..

You couldn't/wouldn't make it up.... it writes itself down there most days! :):)  

I never had any luck going that route, i have a few scrap guys who come around and take them off me. 

if there more than that then gumtree is your friend, or mongbook free for all in your area just be brutal 

49 minutes ago, benjiv50 said:

"Clean bowels"!!

have you been on a megabus?

the toilet is deffo a no no

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

West Oxfordshire Motor Auctions: WOMA

I actually signed up with them not too long ago as it happens 

6 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I never had any luck going that route, i have a few scrap guys who come around and take them off me. 

if there more than that then gumtree is your friend, or mongbook free for all in your area just be brutal 

Same here- you just end up realizing you're better off selling everything.  You can always polish in value (especially if you have a Polish polisher like I do).

I too have a mate who buys the utter crap or things without much of a future.  He often pays me when he's sold them.  He mostly puts them on Bookface as Justin says-  That's one platform too far for me (I don't even have a personal one or any social media - unless this forum counts?)

1 hour ago, benjiv50 said:

Forward them onto me!

You must be joking, you’d be on the phone to me 25 hours a day asking whether you should repair a 25mm scratch or not 

2 minutes ago, EPV said:

You must be joking, you’d be on the phone to me 25 hours a day asking whether you should repair a 25mm scratch or not 

Briil.  I nearly polished a scratch once.

1 hour ago, chief nut job said:

Now that Bennie is a full time Motor Dealer....... Don’t forget the pointy shoes !!!!

4 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Now that Bennie is a full time Motor Dealer....... Don’t forget the pointy shoes !!!!

I'm only a size 6

Benji come on then what’s the crack with alto waited long enough now? 

7 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

ap1105080700801_wide-41560f02d89b8f3eed4

Ahaaaaaa

12 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Benji come on then what’s the crack with alto waited long enough now? 

I've spent most afternoon cleaning it and it's now tucked up ready for listing Tomorrow

IMG_20180622_182510804_zpsafismnqh.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, benjiv50 said:

Ahaaaaaa

I've spent most afternoon cleaning it and it's now tucked up ready for listing Tomorrow

IMG_20180622_182510804_zpsafismnqh.jpg

whats wrong with advertising it now if its ready

41 minutes ago, chief nut job said:

whats wrong with advertising it now if its ready

Chief it’s not all work. It’s Friday...... it’s sunny find a beer garden with the family..... Sunday 12 noon I’m at the “Horse n Groom” my mates for football then pool.... can’t wait :) 

Damn right it's Friday. I'm close to being pissed already. Beer garden was great. Sold 2 today. Bought 4. + 2 PX   

More excited than the added stock than the sales.