Sign in to follow this  
NOACROSS

Best PX ever!

£495 PX with full tank of fuel and auto! Does it get any better?!

Guess what I’m driving the next few weeks! 

Edited by NOACROSS
  • Like 1

I just took an 08 Ka Style in with full tank 11 and a half months mot spotless in purple 2 owners 42k for £400, lady said it has been serviced with the mot each year to be honest i thought dont care just going to punt it out for £799 and low and behold its only a Ford service and mot ever year.

• Like 1

Ha. Nooo. £995 with the fuel light light on. ;0)

Nick, did you buy that i3 that was on DA today?

10 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I just took an 08 Ka Style in with full tank 11 and a half months mot spotless in purple 2 owners 42k for £400, lady said it has been serviced with the mot each year to be honest i thought dont care just going to punt it out for £799 and low and behold its only a Ford service and mot ever year.

Result! Don’t you just love it. 

This old Merc has just been serviced and Mot’d too. Freezing cold AC. Nice. 

12 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Nick, did you buy that i3 that was on DA today?

No, I don't do DA. Did it seem a tremendous bargain? Maybe it didn't have the Range extender...

Dunno if it was a bargain. It’s doubtful on DA but it was a 2 Owner 2013 Range Extender done 20 in grey met. Made £13700

BMW launch model with following spec; Professional Navigation Concierge Service 19" Alloys Winter Pack Charging cables present. 

It’s always a good feeling when a swapper turns out far better than you thought especially when it was described as not the best by your sales guy.You go to move it and before you start it you know by the signals that it is OK because as you switch it on the radio is on Radio 4 and sure enough it is half full.You have already decided to retail it before you have fired it up.....I also like it when you have something desirable and you demand that any buyer must have  a lump on chucky and a good swapper in ‘right’.

given a car this week by a customer,it was in their way and i was such a nice chap if i came and collected it i could have it,went straight through the mot and the aircon works but i have 5 on my traders policy already and its £290 to insure with nono  claims to use as a gate blocker  and smoker so im going to sell it

5 on your policy ? Are you limited to a specific number ? You need a policy which covers any vehicle in your control for Motor Trade purposes. 

Just now, Arfur Dealy said:

5 on your policy ? Are you limited to a specific number ? You need a policy which covers any vehicle in your control for Motor Trade purposes. 

its LV to be honest i know its a pain sometimes but stops me collecting stuff:)

My policy is unlimited cars in my custody and control but limited to £20k per car and I only smoke one at a time and wife has company car.

5 is a joke surely, you can't work on that level can you? get a couple of stickers and you are really limiting your stock.

I’m just renewing at the moment & it’s under £700 although I’m on peasant specification TPF&T but demo cover, trade plates and an unlimited amount of cars (surely there must be some sort of limit???) - no Ferraris, Teslas or Mitsubishi rally cars but that doesn’t bother my business model.

Tbh I believe trade insurers only pay trade money anyway so if I smashed up one of my shitters it’s barely worth filling out the forms. Even my £4K 4x4s are only about £2.5K trade so I can’t really see the point in paying an extra grand to claim in the event of a lone accident & then screw up my 20+ years no claims.

I’ve no idea what these trade insurers are like to deal with though in the event of a claim. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen but if I smash into some poor unsuspecting victim it’ll be them dealing with insurers, not me.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

I'm not sure if 'Tradex' (:D) are still going, but they were a nightmare on an 8k Disco they turned into a BBQ few years ago for a mate....and he wondered why they were cheap, well he found out the hard way.

They're just getting back in mate - they asked me to call them back in a month (that was in February) - because they would be up and running by then.  Couldn't wait so I'm with Tradewise.

Anyway, back on thread:

I have two stories:

First, I was selling my boat and someone asked if I would part-ex his motorbike, a Honda Silverwing with an Interstate fairing.  Well, I had never heard of them but wanted to the boat gone and a deal was done.  I listed it on Ebay (2009 this was) and had more Watchers than I have ever seen on any listing ever and made a fortune on something I didn't even know or like (rode well though).

Other week, sold  Passat DSG estate for top money (great margin) only to take his older Passat DSG estate in chop - sold it the same day and made another good margin.  £2,500 across the two deals in 24 hours.

That's what I class as a good PX