Sign in to follow this  
Del Boy

Pain in the arse - knowall customers

Just sold my PX Golf for £595 with 10 Months Ticket (+ another 2 today) just after I said it had slowed up :D (9 for June so far from 11 average stock)

I had a complaint about our sales man last month, customer rang in saying he was rude and abrupt when I asked her for details she told me she doesn’t expect to be told sorry this garage isn’t for you when she asked can you not help me the sales man advised she needed far more help than a car sales can offer.

of course I had to quiz him on it, basically the lady came in with her how to buy a car guide and laid down the rules of how she wil do business with us terms and conditons even had them written down, then a check list for 7 different cars she wanted to drive 

my guy tried his very best after 35 mins of pointless dribble explaining it is impossible to match Hyundai,s 7 year warrenty of a 2k Fiesta she then acccused him of trying to put her in a clearly illegal car as why would be putting trade plates on she isn’t in the trade and we must be trying to mask the cars real identity from her. 

At that point he pointed her in the direction of the door and said thanks but no thanks.

I said good bullet dodged there and made the next round of coffee.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I had a complaint about our sales man last month, customer rang in saying he was rude and abrupt when I asked her for details she told me she doesn’t expect to be told sorry this garage isn’t for you when she asked can you not help me the sales man advised she needed far more help than a car sales can offer.

of course I had to quiz him on it, basically the lady came in with her how to buy a car guide and laid down the rules of how she wil do business with us terms and conditons even had them written down, then a check list for 7 different cars she wanted to drive 

my guy tried his very best after 35 mins of pointless dribble explaining it is impossible to match Hyundai,s 7 year warrenty of a 2k Fiesta she then acccused him of trying to put her in a clearly illegal car as why would be putting trade plates on she isn’t in the trade and we must be trying to mask the cars real identity from her. 

At that point he pointed her in the direction of the door and said thanks but no thanks.

I said good bullet dodged there and made the next round of coffee.

This is shocking! 

However, a good decision from your salesman! 

Too many young lads selling cars looking for commission etc then cause more hassle for you later on! 

26 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

This is shocking! 

However, a good decision from your salesman! 

Too many young lads selling cars looking for commission etc then cause more hassle for you later on! 

I dont get that problem everyone is accountable for there actions if the mechanic doesnt put seat covers on he can explain the customer why they have oil on the seats or if the salesman promises the air con will work and it doesnt then its down to him to sort the customer out. 

Of course if they turn into a fruit cake then i step in, but no staff member gets to hide behind each other this approach i have found focus there minds.

Justin, If only bigger companies taught their staff to take ownership instead of passing the buck.. just imagine how much easier everyone’s lives would be. It’s an excellent principle to run your business on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Just sold my PX Golf for £595 with 10 Months Ticket (+ another 2 today) just after I said it had slowed up :D (9 for June so far from 11 average stock)

You're flying mate. Well done, you're a good bloke who deserves a bit of success.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dan W said:

well I have just seen a 63 plate one with less miles and in better condition, for only £3k more.  if I were you I would buy that one.

Hahaha! I love that one. Yeah and with £10k more you could have a Mercedes, what's your point?? I've had a guy try to haggle me down because the clutch will need doing in about a year...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EPV said:

You're flying mate. Well done, you're a good bloke who deserves a bit of success.

Awww thanks James, really appreciate that 

i no longer discount cars, we are always well priced, and i ask the customer to find a better one for the money for the age spec, mileage. they normally cant.

i am now getting to the stage where i will turn customers away as i dont want any hassle. our cars are in fantastic condition and always prepped well and still the cheapest.

www.villagecarsbillericay.co.uk - just some of our stock.

Edited by Grantlfc81

16 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Keep that roll flowing!! Well done mate 

36 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

i no longer discount cars, we are always well priced, and i ask the customer to find a better one for the money for the age spec, mileage. they normally cant.

i am now getting to the stage where i will turn customers away as i dont want any hassle. our cars are in fantastic condition and always prepped well and still the cheapest.

www.villagecarsbillericay.co.uk - just some of our stock.

Consistently selling 40-50 a month this year. I probably discount maybe 5 total sales in a month if that. Just don't need to, they are priced well anyway.

17 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Keep that roll flowing!! Well done mate 

Thank you Simon

Not really PITA customers at all (sorry OP), in fact really really nice genuine people.  They bought my Cooper S a couple of weeks back; got a phone call saying they couldn't open the passenger door and would it be alright to pop around for me to have a look.

I was hoping it was a case of pressing the remote twice (like some cars allow you to set up) but no wasn't that.  Better than that, much better than that - there was nothing wrong at all, they just didn't squeeze the handle hard enough.  I explained that the passenger door gets far less use and as such will stiffen up slightly (it wasn't bad).  I told them you don't need a mechanic, you need a physiotherapist to strengthen your grip.  

They both laughed, have just recommended me to their friend who has already called me and have earmarked a Smart Fortwo for father in law - that's the customers I like and will bend over backwards to help whenever theyt want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Consistently selling 40-50 a month this year. I probably discount maybe 5 total sales in a month if that. Just don't need to, they are priced well anyway.

If there’s a more successful trader on here i’d like to meet him! 

4 minutes ago, EPV said:

If there’s a more successful trader on here i’d like to meet him! 

Indeed!  Well done Rory! How many do you stock?

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, andymc1973 said:

new shape yes

Edited by Dan W
mistake