Sign in to follow this  
umesh

MOT Changes

The mot changes come into force in May which most of us are aware of, but I didn't realise the equipment needs some update/tweaks, I had a call yesterday from the company that we use saying they'll be along to do the necessary and the cost is £650+ vat , just wondering if anyone can enlighten me me ?

Thanks

Umesh 

As you maybe eluding that sounds like an opportunist. 

I've heard nothing regarding necessary changes to equipment from the two stations we use - and they definitely would've moaned! :lol: I'll ask the tester on Monday to make sure.

Was just reading the changes there are a few in there that night night us in the backside namely, 

a dpf that has been removed or tampered with will be a fail, how do I check every dpf before buying at the block. 

Anythibg marked as dangerous can not be moved from the test station until the fault is fixed, well that sucks as we do our own work why would I pay someone else to do mechanical work. 

Or have I misread the coming changes. 

Some mot stations are being made to upgrade their equipment at a considerable cost, new legislation coming in about any dashboard warning lights, i don't know all the details but have heard our tester (owner) speaking about it on a number of occasions over the last few weeks. Definitely going to be a lot tougher. 

16 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Was just reading the changes there are a few in there that night night us in the backside namely, 

a dpf that has been removed or tampered with will be a fail, how do I check every dpf before buying at the block. 

Anythibg marked as dangerous can not be moved from the test station until the fault is fixed, well that sucks as we do our own work why would I pay someone else to do mechanical work. 

Or have I misread the coming changes. 

you misread the coming changes. :lol:

Thank god for that it was late and on my phone my eyes don’t work as well as they used to so which bit did I get wrong 

12 hours ago, justina3 said:

Thank god for that it was late and on my phone my eyes don’t work as well as they used to so which bit did I get wrong 

its since 2014 that you cant tamper with a dpf, plus the fact if you sell a car with it "tampered" the driver/owner could be fined up to a grand, with all the follow on "oh i didnt know when i bought it " you cant check at the block if its been tampered with, thats just part n parcel of being a trader.

as for not being allowed to remove it from test station "dangerous" then dont take a car for test without a pdi.

doubt if there will be many who would dare say to a trader, you cant take it away :D

BUT IT IS A RIGHT OPPORTUNITY FOR SOME OF THESE FAST FITS :huh:

I'm looking forward to the new opportunity for amusing 'BS' advisories:D