Sign in to follow this  
Okay dokay

Just got FCA license

Just got our limited permission. Only worked with Zuto up to now.

what would you guys suggest we do now we have a license, give people like close brothers a call and ask to sign up? 

Any do’s or dont’s?

Contact motonovo, close, first response, mallard etc get set up with them, the more options the better.  

14 hours ago, Okay dokay said:

Just got our limited permission. Only worked with Zuto up to now.

what would you guys suggest we do now we have a license, give people like close brothers a call and ask to sign up? 

Any do’s or dont’s?

I would say ask your trade friends who use the big finance houses to put a word in for you with their reps. Then contact the reps yourself.When a rep comes to see you,it is then up to you to present your business in as good a light as possible.They will want to see well  presented sensible stock and you could also show them the business you have previously done with brokers.They may also want to see your trading accounts,it may be a bit like Dragens Den these days,I am not sure.

However,if you can get a good finance house on board and you start doing quality business (not sub prime stuff) ,it will not be long before the others will want your business.....Good Luck.

Thanks for the replies guys.

got to say was expecting more replies from people with suggestions etc.

perhaps no one willing to give up trade secrets!

34 minutes ago, Okay dokay said:

Thanks for the replies guys.

got to say was expecting more replies from people with suggestions etc.

Not so sure that’s the case, you answered your own question in the initial post. 

Get in in touch with the ones mentioned and get set up with them and see how you go 

2 hours ago, Okay dokay said:

Its no secret if you want finance find companies and ask them! 

Agree with all of the above, make sure you're aware of your commitments to them as well, don't jump in bed with the first company who makes you an offer, or sign up for a long term commitment. There are plenty of finance houses out there, we've used 5-6 in the past, and still use Close and Santandar  you've just got to pick the one you think works best for you, helps support your business as well as offering decent commissions

Hi Okay Dokay

how much did it cost you to get your licence? Many hoops to jump through? 

Is this yet another thing that has changed since I last offered finance - I am sure I applied for a CCL online and it came through straight away in 2003/4.

I used to self finance my cheapies on the basis that the odd bad deal wouldn't break me.

7 hours ago, Matt Reid said:

Hi Okay Dokay

how much did it cost you to get your licence? Many hoops to jump through? 

I used a company to take care of it for us, cost £500 but well Worth it, we got approval in 1 week and they took care of everything.

If you need any help drop me a PM I’ll put you in touch with them.

Thanks for all of the replies guys, will get phoning.

I believe Zuto have finally listened to the masses and now offer varied comms on different lends amounts, quite appealing payments to form what I've seen, if you do enough with them you go on the stock search too so you get pre approved customers back for free. 

I’ve never had a bad word to say about Close - not one drama throughou the years and still quick.

We sent new deal through today at 4.20pm and customer was driving off before 5.