Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

Faulty Vehicle Direct From Vendor

Cut a long story short, I've purchased a vehicle from a dealer and used a independent driver to collect it. Turns up and only a few hours after it getting dropped off did I actually go out and move it. On start up there's a heavy vibration running right though the car...... Turns out clutch and flywheel need replacing, no mention of the fault in the vendors description and even after me contacting them to say there's a problem they are basically giving me a eff off tablet. Do I have any rights at all despite this being B2B? Anyone had this type of scenario before? 

B2B is covered by the Sales of Goods act not the CRA. The vehicle still has to be "as described", if the have put a written description to the car which is misleading or incorrect then they have stitched you up, it is their responsibility to advise it was faulty. If there is not written condition or description then take it on the chin.

4 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

good luck with it

Care to elaborate? Think I'll get anywhere? 

7 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

B2B is covered by the Sales of Goods act not the CRA. The vehicle still has to be "as described", if the have put a written description to the car which is misleading or incorrect then they have stitched you up, it is their responsibility to advise it was faulty. If there is not written condition or description then take it on the chin.

I thought this was the case and yes it did have a description with no mention of the fault. 

They knew exactly what they did and it really boils my urine..... More of us should be taking these people to small claims. 

5 minutes ago, tradex said:

Dealer Auction purchase? 

Oh yes....... I've had enough too if I'm honest, recently been an a class with a knackered auto box and another with a big cost diff fix! 

...welcome to the motor trade.

Hahahah sorry I didn't mean to sound like a c**t but i've had a month of cars turning up with gearbox faults, EML, taped up warning lights etc. Worst it has ever been.

Best of luck. 

Have a word and see what they'll do. If nothing suck it up. My old boss runs a removals company and has been known to park all his storage trucks outside arseholes premises blocking their view for months on end...not saying it's something i'd consider but there's more than one way to skin a cat

Bmw 2011,100k.......cost over 6k. Absolute cee you next Tuesday's! 

I'd love to haul them through the small claims process and come out trumps! 

3 minutes ago, Dealer said:

You can DIY it through MCOL for £25 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dealer said:

If it didn't have the DMF done at 80k then  you're paying with fire IMO.

(Saying that I love a 1.6 Pug 308 so who am I to talk :lol:)

I've had them with a lot higher miles where they haven't had one but hey that's luck of the draw........... Here's the actual description for anyone that's interested :

Full Specification

Air conditioning, Central locking, Bluetooth, Electric windows, Metallic paint, Power steering, CD player, Alloy wheels, 2 Keys +, (Full) Leather

Additional Comments

This vehicle drives well with no lights on the dash, only has 1 key at the moment as waiting on customer to drop off second key. car is in great condition with FSH has scuffes on the wheels

That’s disgusting behaviour. 

I had a misunderstanding today with a dealer who’s buying a car from me via AT mail. Not my misunderstanding but nonetheless it involved the poor chap having a wasted journey. I’ve offered to brim the tank of the car he’s buying when he comes back, just as a gesture. I don’t have to but it’s just good business to treat people well. Why do some people go out of their way to stitch fellow dealers out? I just don’t understand it. 

1 hour ago, Dealer said:

If it’s a 320d efficientdynamics, the flywheels are very expensive. If it’s a 316d/318d they are much cheaper. It’s a very easy job to do on these cars. 

Despite what anyone says your DONT have to renew the clutch every time if there is still some meat left on it put it back in, you only want to sell it not get married to it. 

Fix it, and try and get some money back off them is what I’d say. 

• Like 1

Based on the DA descriptions over the last 6 months I go & collect them myself! I used to buy 10-12 per month but I’m now down to a few a month & even out of my last 3 purchases one was rejected. :(

I know it’s shit BUT fixing cars is part of how we earn our margin. It should NOT be like this but unfortunately many main dealers are shysters & anyone buying blind based on their say-so has bigger balls than me.

If a DMF is immediately rattling it’s brains out then that’s cause for complaint/rejection but occasionally I buy a car thinking it’s vaguely ok then after warming up realise it needs a 4pc installing.

However many cars’ clutch/DMF prices have reduced to the level where you can easily recoup the cost by adding it to advertised price. Punters are shitty frightened of clutch/DMF units and are happy to pay strongly for a car with a brand new one installed. 

12 hours ago, Dealer said:

Oh yes....... I've had enough too if I'm honest, recently been an a class with a knackered auto box and another with a big cost diff fix! 

Best thing to do is reset your password, they will email a new password in gobbledygook, delete that email so that you never log in again.

As far as I'm concerned the golden dealer auction goose stopped laying a long time ago and it's just not worth the aggro anymore, not to mention there is no proper profit in anything on there.

who would buy a  Bmw 2011,100k.......cost over 6k  and not hear it run

then get a 3rd party to rape it to your door

oh

you did

lesson learned?

the bell was ringing on requiring a dmf before you pushed da button

oh well leave it in the gateway so you see it every morning to cheer you up

I know of a dealer that did get taken to small claims on a misdescribed dealer auction car and ordered to pay out. so I would think its got to be worth a go - chances are they made a a bit of trader profit off you, theyll probably give you that back to avoid the hassle. I also agree with the idea you will get more for the car with a new DMF advertised, General public think its very expensive (I agree!) and are as likely to ask for evidence of replacement on a leggy car as they would a cambelt change

9 hours ago, s and b said:

who would buy a  Bmw 2011,100k.......cost over 6k  and not hear it run

then get a 3rd party to rape it to your door

oh

you did

lesson learned?

the bell was ringing on requiring a dmf before you pushed da button

oh well leave it in the gateway so you see it every morning to cheer you up

Yep...... Me! 

On 08/03/2018 at 9:03 PM, twerp said:

You can DIY it through MCOL for £25 

no you cant 

money claim online is £410..... [far better spending £455 and do it by paper form].

if it goes to court as in the defendant submits a defence the hearing fee is £335.

if you loose and want to appeal its £120

and if you win and they dont pay you issue a warrant of control at £77

total £942 or £987:rolleyes:

Edited by have a word with the wife

my mistake, my experience was at the lower end of scale :unsure: