Sign in to follow this  
whitestone679231

Right to Reject

They get better,,,, Mr Knob rings this week... I bought a car off you 3 weeks ago, i have a serious problem with this car u sold me an orange warning light is on and sometimes another one comes on, my wife has looked on google and spoken to trading standards and I want to reject the car because I am within my rights, ok I say what are the lights? I don't know he says but I shouldn't get warning lights after 3 weeks so you need to collect it and give me my money back, have you looked in handbook what lights are for says me, no he says,,, what do they look like says me....... wait for it......... it gets better.......... go on any one fancy a guess???

I dread to think but... Auto lights and that snowflake light some cars get when it's cold?

that was easy to solve,,,, snowflake and the flashing one was traction control,,,, his fecking wife can use google but cant read a handbook, I dread when fuel light comes on or it needs washer fluid..

• Like 4

What sort of a man let’s his wife tell him what’s wrong with a fuckin car? Or worse, believes her? 

50 minutes ago, EPV said:

What sort of a man let’s his wife tell him what’s wrong with a fuckin car? Or worse, believes her? 

:lol: Not a real man, that’s for sure!

Unfortunately though, exactly the same sort of arsehole who, after wasting an hour of your life inspecting a car and then test driving it, says “I’ll have to go & speak to the Mrs”.

Or, after attempting to negotiate for 3 days via email on his £100 p/x, then sinks to the level of typing “The Mrs has decided we should keep our current car”.

Pathetic.

54 minutes ago, EPV said:

she wasn't telling him what was wrong she was telling him he could throw it back,

3 hours ago, BHM said:

:lol: Not a real man, that’s for sure!

Unfortunately though, exactly the same sort of arsehole who, after wasting an hour of your life inspecting a car and then test driving it, says “I’ll have to go & speak to the Mrs”.

Or, after attempting to negotiate for 3 days via email on his £100 p/x, then sinks to the level of typing “The Mrs has decided we should keep our current car”.

Pathetic.

:lol:

8 hours ago, whitestone679231 said:

that was easy to solve,,,, snowflake and the flashing one was traction control,,,, his fecking wife can use google but cant read a handbook, I dread when fuel light comes on or it needs washer fluid..

I would be asking for an apology.

27 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I would be asking for an apology.

I second this. We let ourselves get treated like dirt sometimes, just because of the reputation of the trade.

Recently I got done over with a px, long story, but I called them back and got the repair costs off them. Their behaviour was unacceptable in my eyes and if they refused I would have threatened with small claims courts. I recommend everyone else does the same.

Just now, Mojo121 said:

I second this. We let ourselves get treated like dirt sometimes, just because of the reputation of the trade.

Recently I got done over with a px, long story, but I called them back and got the repair costs off them. Their behaviour was unacceptable in my eyes and if they refused I would have threatened with small claims courts. I recommend everyone else does the same.

Any chance you can elaborate on this, would like to know more details 

2 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Mojo prey tell.....Intrigued..... :) 

Just now, Dealer said:

Any chance you can elaborate on this, would like to know more details 

Traded in a car they claimed was fine, I asked them about any faults etc, test drove the car. Came in on the day of purchase with contaminated coolant and a very leaky head (in the usual place a pug gets a leak). As they left I said "were you aware of the huge oil leak" to one of them, he claimed he wasn't. I sat in the office after my colleague went home and decided it wasn't right, especially since the deal we had done was near on a swap. So i rang them and told them that I understand that most see car dealers as fair game and that its seen as acceptable but I had viewed them as decent people and had prepped their car to the nines (including doing MOT advisories as it was for an elderly lady), I was interupted on the phone to "we'll go home and talk about this as we really didn't know and it's not right". They did call back and offer to pay for the repair. I got a quote the next day and only asked for half the cost, I took some responsibility for not checking it but they insisted on the full amount. Ultimately, I think, they felt guilty because we did genuinely get on we and they saw we're a small business... and the cost I gave them for the repair was likely alot lower.

5 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Wow, impressive 

Cheers

In future I’m doing the same. If they tell me to do one i’ll threaten with court. Why not eh? Most would pay up.

48 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

Cheers

In future I’m doing the same. If they tell me to do one i’ll threaten with court. Why not eh? Most would pay up.

just appraises better or tell em you dont want it

its much easier on the ventricles :)