Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

Volvo V50 2.0D and a load of fault codes

So, the car threw up a brake warning message and then refused to start, the AA guy has sent me  a list of stored codes

System : Engine control - 52U / Diesel CR/EDC SID 8030380 - Glow duration control unit. Error Message : Signal faulty.1412 - Exhaust gas recirculation control. Error Message : Signal faulty.1934 - Driving speed signal. Error Message : Signal missing.C121 - CAN communication with ABS/ESP control units. Error Message : Signal missing.060D - Accelerator pedal position sensor. Error Message : Signal faulty.C104 - Communication between central- electronics CU and steering col. sw.. Error Message : CAN fault.C140 - Communication with central electronics. Error Message : Signal missing.C073 - Communication with engine control unit. Error Message : Signal missing.0504 - Brake light switch. Error Message : Signal faulty.1935 - Brake light switch. Error Message : Signal faulty.

Anyone brainy on a Sunday?

Think I'd send it to the block. More bother than it's worth. Only ever bought these with the Volvo engine. 

Hi Andy.... Just got to tidy that up first....

System : Engine control - 52U / Diesel CR/EDC SID 803

0380 - Glow duration control unit. Error Message : Signal faulty.

1412 - Exhaust gas recirculation control. Error Message : Signal faulty.

1934 - Driving speed signal. Error Message : Signal missing.

C121 - CAN communication with ABS/ESP control units. Error Message : Signal missing.

060D - Accelerator pedal position sensor. Error Message : Signal faulty.

C104 - Communication between central- electronics CU and steering col. sw.. Error Message : CAN fault.

C140 - Communication with central electronics. Error Message : Signal missing.

C073 - Communication with engine control unit. Error Message : Signal missing.

0504 - Brake light switch. Error Message : Signal faulty.

1935 - Brake light switch. Error Message : Signal faulty.

Ill mull it over......

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ......

6 minutes ago, twerp said:

Andy - you seem to buy a lot of troubled cars

I was thinking this... but didn't want to say it.... :D

Andy, the CEM (Central electronics module) is under the glovebox, has lots of wiring plugs going into it and fuses in it. I would be tempted to unplug them all and reconnect them and see if it starts. Also make sure the wiring to the module isn't chaffed anywhere close to the unit.

21 minutes ago, twerp said:

I agree also,I have an idea,maybe we could contact Channel 4 and pitch for a new motors show ‘Challenge Andy ‘based on  the Challenge Anica concept........Only joking Andy,I know there is profit in risky stuff,providing of course you bin the bad ones early...which it appears you do.

I think I do or I’m more vocal 

It’s hard at my end of the market as the cars need to look good value but they invariably have issues due to the age and miles, I will of course wear a tight jumpsuit if it’ll get them fixed

1 hour ago, twerp said:

Andy helps out do a lot of checking over on cars for me thankfully I tend to get the lucky ones :lol:

14 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

I think I do or I’m more vocal 

It’s hard at my end of the market as the cars need to look good value but they invariably have issues due to the age and miles, I will of course wear a tight jumpsuit if it’ll get them fixed

Light blue jump suit ?

I’m averaging 1/20 as a loss, the secret is to get out of them ASAP. I do find when I get one, another 2 or 3 hit me and then I’ll go months without another loss...

I sold 230 last year as a one man band, 34 in January 2018 so probably the more you sell/buy the more go wrong, in all fairness i'm not at the price point where I buy low mileage German diesels,  i once was and I can recall the precious wankers you dealt with

Last year I'll have had (I think) 6 refunds on cars that were beyond repair and they got shunted in the auction, the secret is to refund quickly, wipe your mouth and then move, keeps the customers happy and stops you dwelling on the loss

ps and around 8 pints a night

58 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Andy helps out do a lot of checking over on cars for me thankfully I tend to get the lucky ones :lol:

you need any checking tomorrow?

48 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’m averaging 1/20 as a loss, the secret is to get out of them ASAP. I do find when I get one, another 2 or 3 hit me and then I’ll go months without another loss...

sounds about right Simon

• Like 1

Btw, regarding my Xc90 “start prevented try again” problem it was the transponders in both keys... 

36 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Btw, regarding my Xc90 “start prevented try again” problem it was the transponders in both keys... 

all good then

Hi Andy

You retailed 230 last year and 34 in January from a pitch all on your own......That is incredible,well done.......All I would say is ,make sure they are all recorded ,you don’t know who is reading this forum...

9 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

So, the car threw up a brake warning message and then refused to start, the AA guy has sent me  a list of stored codes

System : Engine control - 52U / Diesel CR/EDC SID 8030380 - Glow duration control unit. Error Message : Signal faulty.1412 - Exhaust gas recirculation control. Error Message : Signal faulty.1934 - Driving speed signal. Error Message : Signal missing.C121 - CAN communication with ABS/ESP control units. Error Message : Signal missing.060D - Accelerator pedal position sensor. Error Message : Signal faulty.C104 - Communication between central- electronics CU and steering col. sw.. Error Message : CAN fault.C140 - Communication with central electronics. Error Message : Signal missing.C073 - Communication with engine control unit. Error Message : Signal missing.0504 - Brake light switch. Error Message : Signal faulty.1935 - Brake light switch. Error Message : Signal faulty.

Anyone brainy on a Sunday?

Its more than likely a lot of those faults are historical, and you may be dealing with just one live one now to be fair the aa diagnostics machines are very good so maybe pulling up faults from the past.

Andy, I salute you, how have you managed 200+ in a year ? Do you outsource everything apart from advertising and putting your name to it..... That's my goal

Good luck with this, I bought a bmw 5 series at the Chelmsford auction with shed loss of issues, drove it straight down to Colchester and ran it through there and made a profit haha

the cars back and starts and drives as it should, Im going to auction it but if anyone buys from NE auctions drop me a mail for the reg