Sign in to follow this  
rich89

Buyacar.co.uk

Has anyone dealt with them?

They rang me last week about a car i've got saying they just lost out on one and this is exactly what the customer wanted.

I agree a trade price with them and they sent over a £199 deposit (for a £43k car) and the customer is sorting out finance etc.

It's been 7 days and haven't heard from them. They want me to refurb 4 wheels and get it serviced at the main dealer before they pick it up which is £650 which i'm not going to do until i've got more money from them as they could just cancel the sale and i'll be out of pocket (next customer may be fine with the small marks on the wheels and it's not due a service for 3 months so don't want to get it done until it needs it).

I don't know why but something just seems off with them...

We agree a trade sale then they send me an invoice but with loads of T&C's describing what damage they allow etc and it must come with a minimum 3 month warranty. I spoke to the guy and said it's either a trade sale or it isn't. He replied and said yes it's a trade sale and don't worry about the warranty.

Anyone dealt with them then??

Just read this bit on their site.

Yes, and thousands of happy customers think so too. We only list cars from vetted dealers and every used car is mechanically inspected and checked against the HPI database, which verifies its history and mileage. Besides the warranty, you’ll have 14 days from delivery of the car to return it for your money back if you decide not to keep it (check terms and conditions for collection charges).

Who stands by that you or them?

55 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

I would be running a mile......

and im a mile in front of you

£199 deposit on a £43000 car:o

1 hour ago, SuperLease said:

Just read this bit on their site.

Yes, and thousands of happy customers think so too. We only list cars from vetted dealers and every used car is mechanically inspected and checked against the HPI database, which verifies its history and mileage. Besides the warranty, you’ll have 14 days from delivery of the car to return it for your money back if you decide not to keep it (check terms and conditions for collection charges).

Who stands by that you or them?

They put the car into their own stock if it's rejected.

I've got that bit in writing.

I will be getting a statement from them declaring it is a trade sale and that the car cannot come back to me. Not worth doing it if this can happen.

Just going to see how it goes but I think it may be a dead end.

Oh and the carefully vetted bit is a joke. He rang me up, asked if the car was available and how much could I sell it to them for.

That was literally it. How is that making sure my company is decent and the car is good?

Edited by rich89

Hi Rich

I would tread very carefully.The Dennis Buyacar ltd last set of accounts show a deficit of £1m on the previous year ! It appears to be run by accountants,that does not make sense. I hope you have not entered into some unfair contract written in legalese wherebye when you pull out,they will be able  sue you.....sorry but being in this job all these years makes me think this way !

2 hours ago, SuperLease said:

They also say that every car is sourced from Main Dealers so I take it you operate a Franchise?

Nope. Just a run of the mill normal dealership.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Hi Rich

I would tread very carefully.The Dennis Buyacar ltd last set of accounts show a deficit of £1m on the previous year ! It appears to be run by accountants,that does not make sense. I hope you have not entered into some unfair contract written in legalese wherebye when you pull out,they will be able  sue you.....sorry but being in this job all these years makes me think this way !

Yes, I looked at their accounts too. (The dennis bit made me look into them).

I have entered no contract, all i've done is send them an invoice for the amount owed. No way would I sign something. 

It's all very weird so i'll see how it progresses but the slightest issue and i'll be cancelling it.

• Like 1

First thing is to give them a call (it's been a week and you may have had other interest in the car?). Other than that I'd see it through. I mean, you're not letting it go until you have £43k in your bank and you're not doing any additional work until that's paid for either. It maybe a small deposit but they have shown commitment. 

In terms of invoices it maybe worth a quick chat with Lawgistics to get the right document for a Trade Sale.

1 hour ago, Mojo121 said:

First thing is to give them a call (it's been a week and you may have had other interest in the car?). Other than that I'd see it through. I mean, you're not letting it go until you have £43k in your bank and you're not doing any additional work until that's paid for either. It maybe a small deposit but they have shown commitment. 

In terms of invoices it maybe worth a quick chat with Lawgistics to get the right document for a Trade Sale.

http://www.lawgistics.co.uk/read-news/140#sthash.x2MAqCtU.dpbs

i also ask for confirmation of motor trade insurance too just in case of future legal hassles

• Like 1

£199 depo!?!!!

If a punter comes to look at an £800 heap & wants to leave a deposit it take £200 - no discussion, £200 in person or it’s left on sale.

They sound like a shower of chancers to me - spend f.a. until you see some more brass.

• Like 1

Car went today. Full funds in my account before the driver left.

Haven't heard from anyone and know the new customer got the car around midday today. Seemed dodgy but turned out to be decent enough.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rich89 said:

Car went today. Full funds in my account before the driver left.

Haven't heard from anyone and know the new customer got the car around midday today. Seemed dodgy but turned out to be decent enough.

And all us ‘doubting Thomas’s ? Well done.

• Like 1