trade vet

Santander News

According to Vince Cable,Santander have hired the RBS hatchet man who was responsible for destroying  16000 businesses.Worse still,he appears to have a similar job description ‘head of strategy’.If I had any funding with Santander,I would be very discouraged,this guy should be in jail.

My business account is with Santander, I have always found them really accommodating. But then again I don't have any dept.... I learnt a very hard lesson back in 2008, don't owe money to anyone, as soon as you are in debt you are a bitch to the loan. The Banks / lenders are not your friend.......

All bought & paid for here. The hatchet man can swing hard & deep but it won’t affect me.

10 minutes ago, BHM said:

All bought & paid for here. The hatchet man can swing hard & deep but it won’t affect me.

Absofrigginlutely 

We have used Santander as a supporting dealer for a long time and they are good.However,I think those dealers who may have personally guaranteed overdrafts  should be alarmed.The terms can usually allow them to be called in for no reason and at short notice.I understand RBS exploited the  funding terms of long standing customers in order to crash their businesses and profit from selling off the assets.Apparently many of their victims have committed suicide,so I think those using Santander should object to them employing this guy...Mind,now that he has been outed,If he has any sense,I think he should flee.

Anyone who uses their home as collateral is gambling their family life...... The banks see easy money...Savages when they need to be....

20 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Anyone who uses their home as collateral is gambling their family life...... The banks see easy money...Savages when they need to be....

We had plenty of overdrafts and loans in the old days,small businesses could only get them by giving a personal guarantee,your house was on the line.The thing was,you then had a proper bank manager who would advise you in your better interests,they weren’t under pressure to set you up and destroy you.

4 hours ago, BHM said:

Likewise

14 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

My business account is with Santander, I have always found them really accommodating. But then again I don't have any dept.... I learnt a very hard lesson back in 2008, don't owe money to anyone, as soon as you are in debt you are a bitch to the loan. The Banks / lenders are not your friend.......

This. Since that time it's interesting to see how high st banks have dedicated so much time and effort to try and become 'your friend' again. Some of the TV ads are comical?

On a side note we use Sanatander for our business banking.

Never met an account manager or had any correspondence but they were the only guys willing to open an account for us when we set up. Now you might be thinking we were looking for an overdraft, had a sketchy business plan etc...nope. Try opening a business bank account and asking to deposit a substantial amount of your own money to get the ball rolling with insurance policies in place, a business plan, forecasted projections etc, it's not easy. Barclays, HSBC and a couple of others all turned us away because we were depositing not borrowing. We almost couldn't get going because of the hurdles being put in our way. 

The worlds in a sorry place when you can't deposit and they only want to sell a new business debt and risk.

15 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

True BUT if someone’s starting a business, needs money but isn’t prepared to back themselves then why should they expect another organisation to back them?

That said, I wouldn’t be prepared to do it but that’s why I guess I’ll never be a multi millionaire unless my lottery no.s come good (and they’re a f***ing joke - I’ve not had a three ball £25 for a couple of years :lol:)

5 hours ago, grant8064 said:

On a side note we use Sanatander for our business banking.

Never met an account manager or had any correspondence but they were the only guys willing to open an account for us when we set up. Now you might be thinking we were looking for an overdraft, had a sketchy business plan etc...nope. Try opening a business bank account and asking to deposit a substantial amount of your own money to get the ball rolling with insurance policies in place, a business plan, forecasted projections etc, it's not easy. Barclays, HSBC and a couple of others all turned us away because we were depositing not borrowing. We almost couldn't get going because of the hurdles being put in our way. 

The worlds in a sorry place when you can't deposit and they only want to sell a new business debt and risk.

frightening :(

7 hours ago, BHM said:

True BUT if someone’s starting a business, needs money but isn’t prepared to back themselves then why should they expect another organisation to back them?

That said, I wouldn’t be prepared to do it but that’s why I guess I’ll never be a multi millionaire unless my lottery no.s come good (and they’re a f***ing joke - I’ve not had a three ball £25 for a couple of years :lol:)

Agreed, why would you back a business man who isn't prepared to back himself when he has the means to do so....No way in my book. There's an attraction with a layman with no money and a fab idea... The banks take little risk and when they lend its usually protected. When they lend on rotten foundations then a crash is inevitable....

I had dealings with the RBS carnage and them calling in loans so have first hand experience a lot of loans they called in (they called them debt which no doubt some of them where but some where just your normal every day standard loans) they in a nut shell went after anyone who had more assets than the loans outstanding the worst offenders rotten apples call them what you like where ignored, two years I fought them and got almost every penny back in default interest they charged but it will forever leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Why Santander would employ such a person is a very bizarre move.

All this was nothing to do with the car sales a separate business her indoors used to run.

A friend of mine who banks with HSBC has just had the cold shoulder as his business no longer fits HSBC business model in other words ferk off

54 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I had dealings with the RBS carnage and them calling in loans so have first hand experience a lot of loans they called in (they called them debt which no doubt some of them where but some where just your normal every day standard loans) they in a nut shell went after anyone who had more assets than the loans outstanding the worst offenders rotten apples call them what you like where ignored, two years I fought them and got almost every penny back in default interest they charged but it will forever leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Why Santander would employ such a person is a very bizarre move.

All this was nothing to do with the car sales a separate business her indoors used to run.

A friend of mine who banks with HSBC has just had the cold shoulder as his business no longer fits HSBC business model in other words ferk off

It must have been a huge relief after 2 years. I would imagine they gave you the runaround ,you did very well.