jamslug

Unfortunately I need to use BCA, what are Pendragon's cars like?

I don't ever use auctions to buy my stock from. But someone has a rather specific order and Pendragon has one going through  BCA today.

Do you know if, in general, their cars are particularly bad or do all the p ex's go through?

Thanks

James

I've got a BCA account and personally I still do the same checks, regardless of the vendor. I mostly sell older bits, but even 'Sytner' can take in shocking P/X's

Thanks Metcars. Guess what I have just gone a bleedin done?

Bought a 2007 Focus Estate with 110k ... BLIND . Not a clue what it will be like.

I've got a BCA account and personally I still do the same checks, regardless of the vendor. I mostly sell older bits, but even 'Sytner' can take in shocking P/X's

We had a Focus with the bottom end knocking from Sytner via BCA. It was not apparant until it was warm. Sytner online auctions not bad though.

There's a dealer local to us that buys all of his stuff blind online at BCA, and without mechanical repots. He genrally does well with them! Let us know how you get on :)

Bought a 2007 Focus Estate with 110k ... BLIND . Not a clue what it will be like.

There's a dealer local to us that buys all of his stuff blind online at BCA, and without mechanical repots. He genrally does well with them! Let us know how you get on :)

Thats brave! I would never buy online unless is was BCA Assured, or unless I'm there physically. 

Did you have to buy that on a 'blue card'?

Fortunately not. I am a Gold Card diva. Used to get some stuff from them a few years ago and they gave me a Gold one ever since.

Thats brave! I would never buy online unless is was BCA Assured, or unless I'm there physically. 

He doe's well genrally! He does get the odd bad one as you would expect. But to be honest, I wouldnt do it either. There's no cositancy either in the grading system I've found.

No the grading is all to cock, some grade 4 cars are really clean, I bought a Volvo which was grade 3 and its unmarked inside and out its easily a grade 1 to me. 

Agree, no consistencey in the grading at all, I took a punt on a nice looking BMW 320, it was looking great in the pics, but the description made it sound like a basket case, lucky for me it went for well below book, and guess what it really was as good as the pics, so it works both ways I guess

This was the best example for all the above comments.

So the grade 4 Focus arrived. In my eyes, perfect exterior, no repairs at all needed. There was a full service history, great interior, nothing wrong at all.

Whizzed through the MOT, had a service and pdi. and now sold to the customer.

BAMMM

Customer loved it

• Like 1

Well I bought a 3 series coupe grade 2 apparently.......Needs, rear bumper paint, front bumper paint, O/S/F wing paint, all four wheels, driver door card damaged, drivers seat worn, this is a grade 4+ in my eyes so who ever graded this car is a ****  :blink: It is a demo + 1 private owner some old boy had it as the radio is tuned into classic FM and the way the car is worn is typical of OAP usage low mileage but ruined! :lol:

• Like 1