Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

Finding that pot of gold.....

Anyone else get mildly 'excited', when you buy a 1 owner car from BCA, listed with no service history, but your hunch tells you it must have.....

You look in the glove box, no book pack, quick look under the seat nothing! You then resign yourself to the fact of trying to trace the history, ringing the original supplying dealer, ringing unhelpful mot stations etc....

Then boom!! You not only find the full book pack, but a fully, up to date service history all stamped in the book!!! I must confess to doing a mini fist bump!! Anyone else feel the same? bit like finding that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow..... Happened twice this week!!

Maybe I'm just sad.... :wacko::D

• Like 1

We do enjoy that feeling too. Bought a Mazda 5 in December, listed with no history. Came with this!

Previous owner must have bought the car twice!

A while back we were self servicing a little Fiesta, found an envelope near the pollen filter with £245 in it!

10 minutes ago, D&M said:

We do enjoy that feeling too. Bought a Mazda 5 in December, listed with no history. Came with this!

Previous owner must have bought the car twice!

A while back we were self servicing a little Fiesta, found an envelope near the pollen filter with £245 in it!

Trying to add photo - not working.

Can't find the 'Edit' Button either

Yep nothing beats it, our version of legal high  

Bought a mini of a private customer last week who had been quoted £1400 to repair his abs fault at local indy, we stole the car and yep you guessed it front left hand abs sensor £42 bing bang bosh bring in the dosh.

Never bothered ringing previous owner/dealer but I’ve bought a few advertised as no history and one key then been passed two keys and wedge of history at the payment window.

9 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Yep nothing beats it, our version of legal high  

Bought a mini of a private customer last week who had been quoted £1400 to repair his abs fault at local indy, we stole the car and yep you guessed it front left hand abs sensor £42 bing bang bosh bring in the dosh.

Yes done something similar before on a mini! 

Lucky !

48 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Never bothered ringing previous owner/dealer but I’ve bought a few advertised as no history and one key then been passed two keys and wedge of history at the payment window.

48 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Edited by twerp

Beautiful. 

Had a lovely one last year. Megane dci coupe bought with 73000, miles last serviced on 42000. Plate driver commented on what a canny car it was and his lass liked it (it was from Washington), gave him a lift back to the station and agreed, feels lovely. Put some fuel in, reset the trips and there was a milometer reading of 45000 with paperwork in the glovebox to back it up. Obviously I tried to ring Manheim up to offer them a bit more for it but sadly they didn't answer, honest;)

Exciting when it says no history and then that large envelope arrives from the auction after a few days:D

A lot of newer stuff at auction is falling under the no service history.

The amount of Mercs/Audis and BMWs that don't have service history yet you ring the dealer and get told it has full service history all because it's 'online'.

I always took the bonuses in this job with a pinch of salt,because lurking around the corner there is another major problem to solve.It could be merchandise,staff,HMRC random investigations,creative assessments by VAT inspectors,banks or accountants  letting you down,or things like the council under charging for business rates for 3 years.I recall the utility company mixing up the off peak and peak tariff readings for years and trying to claim £1000s.I can go on and on,so any bonuses you get, I think we deserve.

Bonus's???

Found over £2 in a chopper today and about 3 Euro last week...i'm literally coining it in lately