Sign in to follow this  
Lakeside

Anyone use BCA delivery?

We’ve been thinking of buying from further afield and using BCA delivery service to have them dropped off to us.

I’m wondering if anyone else uses them? as I’ve read the small print that says the vehicle must be roadlegal and roadworthy. How strict are they on this? As I don’t want to buy a car from the other end of the country for one of their drivers to get in and refuse to drive it because it’s got a bulb out?

Clearly there’s no grey area - legally you cannot expect a man to drive an unroadworthy car on the road & I’ve wondered about the legalities should a serious accident occur (however unlikely), you being a professional and putting an ‘employee’ in an unroadworthy car.

Tbh my concern with these driven services is with the drivers. Let’s be honest, most aren’t going to give a f*** about your car & they won’t be nursing it back listening for strange noises - they’ll aim to get it to you & on to the next job no matter what. Transporter only for me.

I use them a fair bit. All of the cars I have bought have come on a transporter. They can deliver non-roadworthy vehicles as well. I did buy a non runner (which turned out to have a flat battery) and the delivery driver jump started it to get it on his transporter for me. They usually deliver within 5 working days. 

On a side note, can anyone recommend a decent delivery firm who are reasonable? I'm based in the south east...

Bonus if they do come on a transporter. I just assumed they would be driven being as the terms and conditions state it must be roadworthy and the car will be “driven” to you within 72 hours. Are you buying in bulk though or singles?

On another note do bca realease cars to subcontracted transport companies if i paid online and sent someone myself to collect it? Or do I need to be there in person?

sorry for all the questions but we’ve never done it before we’ve always collected ourselves.

Edited by Lakeside

Yes they will release it to someone collecting, they usually ring the account holder to confirm. 

2 hours ago, ik1980 said:

I use them a fair bit. All of the cars I have bought have come on a transporter. They can deliver non-roadworthy vehicles as well. I did buy a non runner (which turned out to have a flat battery) and the delivery driver jump started it to get it on his transporter for me. They usually deliver within 5 working days. 

On a side note, can anyone recommend a decent delivery firm who are reasonable? I'm based in the south east...

Movex

We use movex most of the time if it's too far away from us.

Only had 1 issue but I didn't use the 5 star company.

• Like 1

Movex for me too - regularly get stuff from as far as Kinross and Bridgwater and usually its pretty good value too. 

Again as above only ever had 1 issue with some jockey supposed to deliver a car on a Friday PM and 'couldn't' make it till Monday, funnily enough it was a lovely A5 Convertible in the middle of summer!

I’ve used Movex a few times - as they’re just a middleman the service can vary significantly. The fellas I’ve met have been as miserable as sin, I guess Movex’s fee takes the fun out of the job :lol:

anyvan.com can work out cheap if you’re flexible on dates, everything is transported & the service is allegedly good.

Nowt beats using a known man, or yourself, though. 

I tend to use BCA and have them transported, even if a little more expensive.

Reason being, if the car comes not as described you are more likely to have BCA listen to you than if I 3rd party has collected and had it in their possession 24-48 hours.

At least with BCA, they have sent it so the mileage is the same and it has been in their possession or agents possession so the condition upon delivery can be argued much more.

We've rang up and complained a few times over the years and had a few returned to the branch then us refunded.

Just make sure you sign for them as dirty, wet, dark outside etc. Then at least you have chance to check them once on site.

They aren't very good at compensating and usually pay peanuts towards repairs so always but them thinking the worse.

3 hours ago, DoubleM said:

I tend to use BCA and have them transported, even if a little more expensive.

Reason being, if the car comes not as described you are more likely to have BCA listen to you than if I 3rd party has collected and had it in their possession 24-48 hours.

At least with BCA, they have sent it so the mileage is the same and it has been in their possession or agents possession so the condition upon delivery can be argued much more.

We've rang up and complained a few times over the years and had a few returned to the branch then us refunded.

Just make sure you sign for them as dirty, wet, dark outside etc. Then at least you have chance to check them once on site.

They aren't very good at compensating and usually pay peanuts towards repairs so always but them thinking the worse.

So have they always turned up on a transporter with you or driven?

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

So have they always turned up on a transporter with you or driven?

I always request transported. Sometimes there is no difference in price, other times it can be 10%-20% more but worth it for my piece of mind.

I just don't like the idea of someone ragging about in a car I've just paid for.

I've had a few vans delivered by road and to be fair 8/10 of the drivers have been good, I've had a few smoked in and a couple sat outside the drivers houses over the weekend which drives me nuts. 

You've seen the way they hoon about in the hall, right? Proper children if you ask me.

38 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

You've seen the way they hoon about in the hall, right? Proper children if you ask me.

Fast & Furious!

Hi , i know this is a old thread but if still looking for a vehicle collection  delivery company to service your requirements let me know ?

Reliable car movers ltd - Preston

Regards Bren

On 5/17/2019 at 3:18 PM, RELIABLE CAR MOVERS said:

Hi , i know this is a old thread but if still looking for a vehicle collection  delivery company to service your requirements let me know ?

Dude was on your facebook page, you have shifted some nice motors !!!!