Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo

Looking for traders south east to buy cheap/junk part ex’s

Sometimes we have to buy cheap/junk/almost scrap cars to ensure we also get fair share of the “good stuff”. 

Id rather flip these straight on trade 2 trade rather than sell/ebay myself

would be good to find 1 or 2 traders who love these kind of cars. Probably most will be £200-£1250 area and most likely pretty crap!!

Based gatwick/brighton region so thought worth asking 

have you looked in your local newspaper for car buyers

Often they advertise as wanting anything from scrap to 5k etc 

If you are prepared to let stuff go cheap then i am sure you can find someone local.

It’s hard work the ones I use expect no mot advisories or car’s for 200 ready to retail 

• Like 1

I thought the Car Dealer Magazine collective thought traders selling cars under £1k should be stood up against a wall and shot!:D:lol:

Good luck!

We're also just outside of Brighton and there are no junk traders left around here.

If it's £80 scrap offers you'll be OK but anything between £100 - £500 we have yet to find someone locally for in the last three years. 

Any trader locally we've dealt with has been worse than a retail customer so now we just scrap them or do them up, fresh MOT and retail ourselves.

• Like 1

I'm now based in Petworth so not too far from you, I've got a guy who buys all my tat. Not my favourite person, but I can understand him when he talks, he pays me a fair price and I've never had any ballache with him in the few years I've dealt with him. By tat I mean the shite I don't want to retail myself, he's not a scrap dealer or breaker so doesn't buy crap to bin. 

Drop me a PM if you're still looking and I'll dig out his number when I'm at work tomorrow. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LISL said:

I'm now based in Petworth so not too far from you, I've got a guy who buys all my tat. Not my favourite person, but I can understand him when he talks, he pays me a fair price and I've never had any ballache with him in the few years I've dealt with him. By tat I mean the shite I don't want to retail myself, he's not a scrap dealer or breaker so doesn't buy crap to bin. 

Drop me a PM if you're still looking and I'll dig out his number when I'm at work tomorrow. 

Thanks, pm sent

13 hours ago, met said:

I thought the Car Dealer Magazine collective thought traders selling cars under £1k should be stood up against a wall and shot!:D:lol:

Haha, you’re right, me thinks a lot of big talkers on here. 

• Like 1

ebay was a waste of time, auctions returned pennies and the local traders were shysters who couldn't be relied on to sort the log books

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sometimes we have to buy cheap/junk/almost scrap cars to ensure we also get fair share of the “good stuff”. 

Id rather flip these straight on trade 2 trade rather than sell/ebay myself

would be good to find 1 or 2 traders who love these kind of cars. Probably most will be £200-£1250 area and most likely pretty crap!!

Based gatwick/brighton region so thought worth asking 

I have a guy that buys these sorts of cars from me, happy to forward the details, he is reliable and quick to collect 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheelerdealer1 said:

I have a guy that buys these sorts of cars from me, happy to forward the details, he is reliable and quick to collect 

Many thanks. Is this local to us ?

• Like 1

On 06/01/2018 at 3:30 PM, Jimbo said:

Many thanks. Is this local to us ?

He does whole m25 area I usually just message him details of car and quick description and he gets back to me, pm me for the number