It's me

trady platies

ha ha just come to send my cheque off late as usual and i see you now have to send proof of motor trade involvement

that should sort the dodgies out 

Edited by s and b
cant spull pruuf

Hardly. It's usually trade insurance as proof. Anyone can buy motor trader insurance and even the dodgies have insurance.

Saying that alot of the legit traders I know now don't bother with trade plates... go figure.

I remember applying for my plates they wanted a zillion copies of everything to prove i was in the trade, i wonder how easy they are to get these days.

7 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Hardly. It's usually trade insurance as proof. Anyone can buy motor trader insurance and even the dodgies have insurance.

Saying that alot of the legit traders I know now don't bother with trade plates... go figure.

To buy Trade insurance you need proof you are a genuine Motor Trader with purchase invoices & receipts. Gone are the days of buying a policy without genuine proof. 

I just renewed my trade insurance and they wanted blood. They even wanted copies of licences even though I had given the license viewing codes. 

I remember a bit of a trauma getting plates, some guy from the local office came round to check me out. I guess that wont happen these days.

4 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

To buy Trade insurance you need proof you are a genuine Motor Trader with purchase invoices & receipts. Gone are the days of buying a policy without genuine proof. 

In your experience that may be true but it doesn't tally up to what I've seen. I had my license viewed as MrC said.

What kind of invoices and receipts did they ask you for?

On 02/01/2018 at 7:33 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

I’d of thought that too as every year I must send proof of trading to my insurance broker. However it can’t be the case because a few times a year I sell cars to people who state they’ll just put it in their trade insurance. Somehow some of these punters are getting insurance every year & are using trade policies as multi car policies. They’ve never traded in their lives, don’t have trade plates etc. - they just have a few cars lying around. It doesn’t make sense to me.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

I’d of thought that too as every year I must send proof of trading to my insurance broker. However it can’t be the case because a few times a year I sell cars to people who state they’ll just put it in their trade insurance. Somehow some of these punters are getting insurance every year & are using trade policies as multi car policies. They’ve never traded in their lives, don’t have trade plates etc. - they just have a few cars lying around. It doesn’t make sense to me.

yes i see this too

i wonder if its an agricultural policy you know

They don’t even do interviews for trade plates anymore hence why every trader wannabe and his mum have the red n white on the dash

• Like 1