Sign in to follow this  
James01

Customer claiming misrepresentaion

The 'Magnificent 7 ' have not and will not ride off ... We are more than happy to answer any genuine questions. 

What ever your views / opinions you are entitled to it, its a 'CHOICE ' WE believe in what we are doing and what the IMDA will be to the Independent Motor dealers.

Unlike a lot of dealers / people out there we don't hide who we are , you all know our names business, if you don't want to join - that's your choice - if you do that's even better than we can help you/your business. 

And I really thought this was where the professional dealers gathered to help and support our industry. 

Umesh 

• Like 1

I'm a firm believer in "if you can do any better than crack on", these guys are trying to help an industry that's never had any type of representation, more power guys

47 minutes ago, umesh said:

And I really thought this was where the professional dealers gathered to help and support our industry. 

Umesh 

So did I? And why does having the freedom 'not to join' make me unprofessional?

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable about the guys on here 'ganging up' on others, it has the feel of the old Union 'bully boys' after their weekly subs

Met

Why make the comment to begin with? Right to reply both sides. If your feeling uncomfortable maybe you should consider a little longer before posting? 

Should you prefer to speak about the association I would welcome the opportunity to chat with you. My number is 07774 464368. 

Regards

David 

2 minutes ago, met said:

So did I? And why does having the freedom 'not to join' make me unprofessional?

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable about the guys on here 'ganging up' on others, it has the feel of the old Union 'bully boys' after their weekly subs

Met , You shouldn't feel uncomfortable .. no one is ganging up on any one as I said it's a choice - YOUR CHOICE  "   AS i SAID " And I really thought this was where the professional dealers gathered to help and support our industry.  " Does not mean you or anyone has to join simply that some people want to have a 'pop' at us for no reason - we are not attacking anyone personally merely offering solutions to dealers , the IMDA forum / this forum plus many others out there help each other - we give FREE advice to each other , support each other and I just find it sad that some see it justified to attack us. 

18 minutes ago, cheshirecars said:

Met

Why make the comment to begin with? Right to reply both sides. If your feeling uncomfortable maybe you should consider a little longer before posting? 

Should you prefer to speak about the association I would welcome the opportunity to chat with you. My number is 07774 464368. 

Regards

David 

This is exactly the sort of 'barbed' comment I'm talking about?

13 minutes ago, umesh said:

Met , You shouldn't feel uncomfortable .. no one is ganging up on any one as I said it's a choice - YOUR CHOICE  "   AS i SAID " And I really thought this was where the professional dealers gathered to help and support our industry.  " Does not mean you or anyone has to join simply that some people want to have a 'pop' at us for no reason - we are not attacking anyone personally merely offering solutions to dealers , the IMDA forum / this forum plus many others out there help each other - we give FREE advice to each other , support each other and I just find it sad that some see it justified to attack us. 

You understand I'm feeling a little bit 'under attack' here, just for having an opinion

23 minutes ago, cheshirecars said:

Met

Regards

David 

Welcome to the forum by the way, where are my manners?

Met

Offering you an opportunity to pick up the phone but also explaining it was a comment that you made in your post that has resulted in you say feeling "ganged up on" 

Your right or my right comes with responsibility so hence taking a breath before posting can be beneficial at times.  

David  

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Yes, looks like the "magnificent seven" have ridden off:D

From the outside looking in, the above quote seems fairly harmless and playful to me. What has followed is petty and ridiculous. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cheshirecars said:

Met

Offering you an opportunity to pick up the phone but also explaining it was a comment that you made in your post that has resulted in you say feeling "ganged up on" 

Your right or my right comes with responsibility so hence taking a breath before posting can be beneficial at times.  

David  

well i can tell you i dont like this post 

14 minutes ago, cheshirecars said:

Met

David  

David, it looks to me like you are being defensive and ganging up on Met. Also, the little patronising comments, and the underlying theme than we are the best blah blah..

If you are going to self promote yourselves as the “magnificent 7” you are gonna get jibes, I thought Met was funny and he certainly wasn’t trying to be rude, jesting maybe....

I admire what you are trying to do, and respect you all deeply, but as pointed out to you by Lawgistics, you need to be getting your house in order to be believable. 

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MSP Motors said:

From the outside looking in, the above quote seems fairly harmless and playful to me. What has followed is petty and ridiculous. 

14 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

David, it looks to me like you are being defensive and ganging up on Met. Also, the little patronising comments, and the underlying theme than we are the best blah blah..

If you are going to self promote yourselves as the “magnificent 7” you are gonna get jibes, I thought Met was funny and he certainly wasn’t trying to be rude, jesting maybe....

I admire what you are trying to do, and respect you all deeply, but as pointed out to you by Lawgistics, you need to be getting your house in order to be believable. 

Just my opinion.

I'm not sure why my opinion is so important to them? I'm not sure what they have all taken offence to? I didn't name them the 'magnificent 7' Umesh did. 

All these snotty/barbed/patronishing comments remind me of the stories my dad used to tell about having to join Trade Unions back in the 60s?

I'm not sure what all this relates to. The comments that Met made seems to have caused great offence and I can not see why. If they want to set up an organisation....... crack on. However, if this is what I can expect for my money then I  certainly won't be joining.

......... Deep Breath

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MSP Motors said:

I'm not sure what all this relates to. The comments that Met made seems to have caused great offence and I can not see why. If they want to set up an organisation....... crack on. However, if this is what I can expect for my money then I  certainly won't be joining.

It doesn't look good, does it.....

• Like 1

Back on topic. I think the OP is reaping what he sowed. Saying the car has a service history is bending the truth to breaking point. All he had to do was say the car is well maintained (if it looks like it was) and recently serviced. No ambiguity in that.

customers can be no angels for sure, but avoid giving them ammunition.

My opinion of the motor trade is not that good generally, so I,m not surprised the general public don't trust us and the courts often find against us. In my opinion it's no more than we collectively deserve, which is pretty unfair on the people who try to do it right.

I bought a car from a local dealer once. Which was being offered to the public as an RAC inspected car with full warranty. I said are there any faults .? Do I need to drive it? No mate it drives perfect, honestly, we wouldn't rip if another trader. I thought well, this operation are virtually neighbours so they would need balls to rip me off.

Paid for the car, starts it and the exhaust is blowing, then I realise the gearbox needs attention and by the time I had driven it as far as their offices I realise the suspension ball joints are shot. 

I stop at the office and say I thought this car was spot on...exhaust, gearbox, ball joints....

Well you could have driven it mate, was the response.

I didn't argue the toss, just turned on my heel and said this will cost you more than a few repairs. And I can guarantee it has.

If they do that to another trader...how on earth do they treat the public?

Edited by XFS

1 hour ago, XFS said:

Back on topic. I think the OP is reaping what he sowed. Saying the car has a service history is bending the truth to breaking point. All he had to do was say the car is well maintained (if it looks like it was) and recently serviced. No ambiguity in that.

customers can be no angels for sure, but avoid giving them ammunition.

My opinion of the motor trade is not that good generally, so I,m not surprised the general public don't trust us and the courts often find against us. In my opinion it's no more than we collectively deserve, which is pretty unfair on the people who try to do it right.

I bought a car from a local dealer once. Which was being offered to the public as an RAC inspected car with full warranty. I said are there any faults .? Do I need to drive it? No mate it drives perfect, honestly, we wouldn't rip if another trader. I thought well, this operation are virtually neighbours so they would need balls to rip me off.

Paid for the car, starts it and the exhaust is blowing, then I realise the gearbox needs attention and by the time I had driven it as far as their offices I realise the suspension ball joints are shot. 

I stop at the office and say I thought this car was spot on...exhaust, gearbox, ball joints....

Well you could have driven it mate, was the response.

I didn't argue the toss, just turned on my heel and said this will cost you more than a few repairs. And I can guarantee it has.

If they do that to another trader...how on earth do they treat the public?

had this done to me

i can tell you have far back it was because it was a 1600 onion ghia

usual problem diff drop no speedo,sold by what i thought was an honest trader friend

this is why from that date onwards i always swore never buy from trade and occasionally ive let my guard down taken in a sob story and taken another lemon off a trader

46 minutes ago, s and b said:

had this done to me

i can tell you have far back it was because it was a 1600 onion ghia

usual problem diff drop no speedo,sold by what i thought was an honest trader friend

this is why from that date onwards i always swore never buy from trade and occasionally ive let my guard down taken in a sob story and taken another lemon off a trader

Onion Ghia :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, what’s a vegetable got to do with this thread!?!!!! :D

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, cheshirecars said:

Met

Regards

David 

Welcome to the forum David, as a new member you might want to consider your audience and tone, there are a lot of dealers on here that have built successful business's over many years, there's good humour, banter and camaraderie on this community, and wherever possible we all help one another with advice and tips. I try and avoid the negative threads and other forums as you can get sucked into depression about "who's quiet" or "things are really bad" and we can talk ourselves into a depressive state. As part of the magnificent 7 you should inspire us, encourage to join your association that you're now the spokesperson of. Please treat everyone with respect, a lesson I learned from my father God rest his soul, we're all here to help one another after all, we're all passionate about this industry and doing the best for one another

many apologies for going off topic gentlemen, I'm old school and believe in fairness and good manners in business

15 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

Welcome to the forum David, as a new member you might want to consider your audience and tone, there are a lot of dealers on here that have built successful business's over many years, there's good humour, banter and camaraderie on this community, and wherever possible we all help one another with advice and tips. I try and avoid the negative threads and other forums as you can get sucked into depression about "who's quiet" or "things are really bad" and we can talk ourselves into a depressive state. As part of the magnificent 7 you should inspire us, encourage to join your association that you're now the spokesperson of. Please treat everyone with respect, a lesson I learned from my father God rest his soul, we're all here to help one another after all, we're all passionate about this industry and doing the best for one another

many apologies for going off topic gentlemen, I'm old school and believe in fairness and good manners in business

+1 well said 

• Like 1