Sign in to follow this  
MrC

Without doubt the coolest car on eBay right now

Crap! Sorry but there are  Del Boy vans everywhere maybe not Supervan 3 but still... 

i had one of those in stock 30 years ago,rang all the scrappers no-one wanted it,i told them there was no rust on the doors (true) so we decided to play bumper cars with it off an adjoining wall,it bounced off, we couldn't kill it,had to set it on fire in the end,not recommended the town came to a halt for the smoke

You may laugh,but that will probably sell.There is a guy in Worcester area who deals in Reliants,he sells his for a lot more than that !

Back in the day Regals ( before Robins) were fantastic sellers,if you managed to get a van or even better a saloon,there was a huge demand for them.I recall if you advertised one in the local evening paper,there would be punters queuing the next morning to buy it,I kid you not ! .....Does anyone know why they were so popular despite being crap ?

It must of been all of the motorbike men who couldn’t be arsed getting a car licence.

I’m surprised it has a following - half of the population won’t even remember Only Fools & Horses.

7 hours ago, BHM said:

It must of been all of the motorbike men who couldn’t be arsed getting a car licence.

Most of the punters had a bike licence but had failed the car driving test several times.However Reliants were harder  to drive than most cars so you would often buy them back a few months later.The first Reliants used to rise in value because the factory ( I think it was a large shed )only produced a few every week.If you got one per month,that was good and you would get the same people ( blokes over 50 in cloth caps) queuing before you opened ............honestly !