Sign in to follow this  
Jaxx

Cheaper Stuff

Hi, long time follower but thought it was time to sign up and ask somethng.

Have been doing a few through eBay for a while now and now trying to get a decent unit to go bigger.  Mainly stock cheaper stuff.  no more than 3k, mostly about 1500.  Is autotrader any good for cheaper stuff?  have done a few spot ads and done ok but looking at a contract with them and want to check before taking the plunge.

1 hour ago, Jaxx said:

Hi, long time follower but thought it was time to sign up and ask somethng.

Have been doing a few through eBay for a while now and now trying to get a decent unit to go bigger.  Mainly stock cheaper stuff.  no more than 3k, mostly about 1500.  Is autotrader any good for cheaper stuff?  have done a few spot ads and done ok but looking at a contract with them and want to check before taking the plunge.

Hi Jack,If you are doing cheap stuff,you need a good deal from AT.They must be panicking,they have just announced that private punters can advertise for free for stuff under a grand ! Please let us know what deal they are offering you.Incidently AT share price was down to 338 today ,that is down from 430 ,3 months ago ! something has got to give with their rates.

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

Hi Jack,If you are doing cheap stuff,you need a good deal from AT.They must be panicking,they have just announced that private punters can advertise for free for stuff under a grand ! 

on every bill board/bus stop round here !:rolleyes: with this = 

It's not any car. It's your car.
It's served you well and so will we.

:lol: somebody in a pin stripe with a beemer probably got a bonus for writing that till they realise he might have done the m and s ad too ?  "This is not just food, this is M&S food" 

Turns out they don't do deals.   always hear of Gumtree and eBay for cheaper cars on here but figured autotrader would be worth trying properly.  Just don't have anyone I know doing the lower price stuff that I do thats worth asking to see if it's worth a punt. 

eBay is the platform for cheaper cars, AT may also give great results but it's all about what works for you.....you won't know until you try. Best of luck 

For what it's worth I sell the cheap PX cars on Autotrader portal directly rather than having them look untidy on my shiny website.

They usually tend to sell in next to no time so it does work and does have loads of eyes on the site. 

Certainly worth a go if you are priced reasonably and fairly.

Thanks everyone for replying.  

Going to give it a stab as I'm on top of pricing all the time.  

Anyone getting good results from Gumtree too?  Keeps getting suggested to me.  Just need more leads to grow but don't want any more messers.....havent got the time for them. 

Edited by Jaxx
Typo

I have just dropped Gumtree for the above reason given by Arfur.

Works fine for me, i work slightly different to other dealers, i see what is priced similar and put an extra £100 on top, i often get the guy up the road is cheaper, i just tell them your money you choice but good luck taking it back in a month with a fault and trying to find the guy you meet in a petrol station to buy your daughter her first car. 

Do people buying boats rattle on about CRA too or do they get that used might mean not perfect?

51 minutes ago, tradex said:

Funny thing about gumtree is that I sell anything nautical in no time on there....well a Bombard inflatable, a Yamaha 2HP outboard and a Topper dingy all sold the same day....not sure how helpful that is though:huh:

I have a nephew that buys and sells a lot of companing/caravanning stuff. It all goes on Gumtree and sells faster than any other platform

Don't waste your time with Autotrader- (see previous thread on the subject) they'll suck you dry.

I don't use Gumtree anymore. I did when we had cheaper cars and it worked well. Its definitely worth having for how cheap it is.