DBDlloyds

Selling cars on a Classified Ad on EBAY

Hi All,

Just a question as to your thoughts on selling your cars via Ebay on a classified ad.... 

The cost is £14.99 for 28 days, this seems reasonable. I have looked at some of the classified adverts that traders have put on and they look really good.

Basically as I am only advertising a small amount at a time it compares very favorably compared to AT that require £44.00 for 3 weeks per car.

I understand it would not be attractive to the guys stocking lots of cars that have accounts with AT but for me it looks as if could be an option.

Kind regards Dean.

Edited by Dlloyds

Hi Dean, it's a lot cheaper if you become an eBay Motors Pro Seller. I'm paying £140 per month for up to 20 adverts at any one time. 

Hi, Arfur...

Thanks for reply, if you have 20 cars for sale that fantastic value....

Cheers Dean.

Big Problem i find with Ebay is there default viewing which is set to best option, it used to be set to closest first and we used to do well on Ebay. 

The way it is set now for example if someone wanted a Fiesta for there son / daughter they type in Fiesta 1.2 and get cars displayed 150-200 miles away, i recall some silly arguments over price where someone is telling me there is a similar car to mine in Scotland for £50 less yes Mr customer but Scotland is a 5 hour drive each way !

Sounds like a little thing but honestly it killed Ebay for me. 

I sell everything on eBay classified ads. Its my preferred place to advertise  

Hi Justina,

I must admit I have been looking at it myself, personally I would always set a different sort preference and look at cars within a reasonable distance but I know a lot of customers may not realise you can reset the default. 

Hi Mr C, that's positive news.

Thanks both for the feedback.

53 minutes ago, Dlloyds said:

Hi Justina,

I must admit I have been looking at it myself, personally I would always set a different sort preference and look at cars within a reasonable distance but I know a lot of customers may not realise you can reset the default. 

trying to find that function on my iphone is a nightmare 

Have you looked at gumtree it does depend on what level car your selling, again as all things in life it works for some people but not all

Hi Justina,

Hi Justina,

I have had a quick look at Gumtree but will investigate further.

Many thanks

1 hour ago, Dealer research said:

Whats AT charge for dealers with more than 20 cars? surely still not £44 for 3 weeks? 

For a 20 car package you would be looking in excess of £1000 per month. 

If it's sub £2k it's worth a shot on eBay. If it's over that and odd-ball/ rare/ performance it's worth a go aswell. 

Like others said, I'm on a package.

2 hours ago, Dealer research said:

Cheers Max, Not too bad value for money i suppose. 

Not sure how many traders would agree with you there !

2 hours ago, Max Branning said:

For a 20 car package you would be looking in excess of £1000 per month. 

More towards the 2k mark! 

4 hours ago, Dealer research said:

Whats AT charge for dealers with more than 20 cars? surely still not £44 for 3 weeks? 

you should know you work for them

hows it hangin bethany?:lol:

1 minute ago, s and b said:

Sorry no idea what your talking about. Im here to find out about the dealer market and fundamentally, why the heck people still us AT when it does many things against a dealer and TBH why very little of Dealers have moved to an alternative like motors.com, car gurus etc. (not to mention as "Max Branning" alludes too....its pretty expensive)

Your thoughts? 

Dave

4 hours ago, justina3 said:

trying to find that function on my iphone is a nightmare 

Have you looked at gumtree it does depend on what level car your selling, again as all things in life it works for some people but not all

Scroll down to the bottom, click on classic site and use as a desktop site. eBay mobile app is rubbish, 

42 minutes ago, DHill said:

More towards the 2k mark! 

Yes, I'm on 22 cars and it's nearly 2k a month. That's the basic package. 

6 minutes ago, Dealer research said:

Sorry no idea what your talking about. Im here to find out about the dealer market and fundamentally, why the heck people still us AT when it does many things against a dealer and TBH why very little of Dealers have moved to an alternative like motors.com, car gurus etc. (not to mention as "Max Branning" alludes too....its pretty expensive)

Your thoughts? 

Dave

AT sell cars and they know it. 

2 hours ago, s and b said:

?? 

Is Dealer Research a spy? :lol:

10 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

?? 

Is Dealer Research a spy? :lol:

Your thoughts? 

Dave

In my line of subprime all or marketing goes into lead generation via google and social media. we spend about £160 per a week at the mo and we get a lot of leads, most crap but others good.

However this week I  have decided to try ans  increase the sales, by advertising  some of the sticking stock at competitive retail on Car gurus and AT, at £50 for 3 weeks for an ad on AT its ridiculous but if the car sells it will be easier to stomach. I could never see myself having a fixed account with them.