Sign in to follow this  
jimreidvehicle

Q. Would you join an Independent Car Dealer Association ?

Can you believe it ? There is NO Association in the UK for Independent Car Dealers, I found this unbelievable!

Yes we have the SMTA who do their bit for independents in Scotland, and also there others that assist in the rest of the UK but nothing official, I think that's crazy.   

Over the last couple of weeks a number of dealers from this forum having been discussing setting up a non for profit  Association designed purely for the Independent Car Dealers in the UK.

This would become 'THE VOICE' of the UK's Independents for car and van dealers and would sit along side the SMMT, SMTA the RMI etc to give us Dealers a real voice, to challenge the likes of AutoTrader and their price increases and their unannounced changes which affect us all we would also look to create dialogue to sort out these crazy TRADE PLATE rules with the DVLA & Govn't

The Associations mission would be to become THE VOICE to help the survival of Independents and to Ultimately to start to Regulate the Independent Car Dealers selling cars, which will leave only the good guys.     

IF or should I say WHEN this Association is set up, would you join?

Jim

15 hours ago, jimreidvehicle said:

Can you believe it ? There is NO Association in the UK for Independent Car Dealers, I found this unbelievable!

Yes we have the SMTA who do their bit for independents in Scotland, and also there others that assist in the rest of the UK but nothing official, I think that's crazy.   

Over the last couple of weeks a number of dealers from this forum having been discussing setting up a non for profit  Association designed purely for the Independent Car Dealers in the UK.

This would become 'THE VOICE' of the UK's Independents for car and van dealers and would sit along side the SMMT, SMTA the RMI etc to give us Dealers a real voice, to challenge the likes of AutoTrader and their price increases and their unannounced changes which affect us all we would also look to create dialogue to sort out these crazy TRADE PLATE rules with the DVLA & Govn't

The Associations mission would be to become THE VOICE to help the survival of Independents and to Ultimately to start to Regulate the Independent Car Dealers selling cars, which will leave only the good guys.     

IF or should I say WHEN this Association is set up, would you join?

Jim

The theory is good Jim,but there are several automotive Trade associations already.I would say,unless you work 9 til 5,5 days a week (LOL) don't get involved Jim,otherwise you will get sidetracked from running your own business !

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

The theory is good Jim,but there are several automotive Trade associations already.I would say,unless you work 9 til 5,5 days a week (LOL) don't get involved Jim,otherwise you will get sidetracked from running your own business !

There are a lot of Associations at the moment but none purely for the Independents , the choice is build our own one from scratch or hold hands and become a branch of another( which I'm already in talks with) 

however you didn't answer the question , would you join Y or N ?

5 hours ago, jimreidvehicle said:

There are a lot of Associations at the moment but none purely for the Independents , the choice is build our own one from scratch or hold hands and become a branch of another( which I'm already in talks with) 

however you didn't answer the question , would you join Y or N ?

Yes ! of course,I can see the potential benefits.But it may be difficult to set up as the average motor dealer probably has a different mentality to you.You may be able to get £10- £20 in subs but I doubt you could charge much more.

Is this your Autovolovo 100 voices council thing again Jim? I'd be interested but don't want to advertise with them thanks

On 5 June 2017 at 2:42 PM, RH Trading said:

Is this your Autovolovo 100 voices council thing again Jim? I'd be interested but don't want to advertise with them thanks

no this is brand new, this has no ties with any classified website. take a look www.clickandjoin.co.uk 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimreidvehicle said:

Vat registered proper boys only mate? 

Nice to see the efforts you guys are going to with this I have registered and happy to help if needed :)

On 10/07/2017 at 9:05 AM, Rory RSC said:

Vat registered proper boys only mate? 

Nice to see the efforts you guys are going to with this I have registered and happy to help if needed :)

Thanks Roy, this is going to big 

This will work ! IMDA Is for the Independents as Jim says , reputable dealers who really want support / changes that affect us all. So please get spreading the word to your colleges / friends - they are dealers and they are competitors who sell cars HOWEVER Jointly we're in the #motortrade 

#IMDA ' Independent Motor Dealers Association ' #Clickandjoin 

18 hours ago, jimreidvehicle said:

Thanks Roy, this is going to big 

No problem Tim :lol: