Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Best places to source good stock.

Hi all ,

I have recently set up an car sales business and have recently registered with all the dealer pix sites but are these the best places to get good quality fairly priced stock from ?

Where do you get stock from?

ps I am trying to do this correctly , and have registered with companies house, trade insurance  etc etc and I am starting to wonder if genuine dealers can actually make a good living from this ?

Many thanks in advance.

When you find out can you let us all know please :D

• Like 2

You've set up a business but you don't know where to get stock from?!

Auctions are overpriced and oversubscribed.

eBay is full of rubbish.

Private ads are most likely hiding a problem.

Other dealers selling ''cheap px's'' are probably hiding a problem and if they're not why aren't they making money on them?

Facebook is junk.

How many will you stock and do you want to sell a month, what market are you aiming at and what's a good living to you? I'll tell you if I think it's possible.

38 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

You've set up a business but you don't know where to get stock from?!

Auctions are overpriced and oversubscribed.

eBay is full of rubbish.

Private ads are most likely hiding a problem.

Other dealers selling ''cheap px's'' are probably hiding a problem and if they're not why aren't they making money on them?

Facebook is junk.

How many will you stock and do you want to sell a month, what market are you aiming at and what's a good living to you? I'll tell you if I think it's possible.

Do you not buy stock then Mojo has you have just ruled out all the options :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, betginge said:

Do you not buy stock then Mojo has you have just ruled out all the options :lol:

:D

I think my comment was fuelled by a 50 mile drive to see a "perfect" 4x4 X Trail which turned out to be a scruffy 2WD X Trail. :rolleyes:

If there was one single answer to that then everyone would be running a car sales....wait a moment they are 

in all honestly thats an almost impossible question to answer as there are a zillion different variables, 

but good luck in your search.

12 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

:D

I think my comment was fuelled by a 50 mile drive to see a "perfect" 4x4 X Trail which turned out to be a scruffy 2WD X Trail. :rolleyes:

2wd 4x4's, :D

I bought a RAV 4 2wd once, It would've been easier to sell bacon to the arabs than sell that thing, The amount of people who came to view only to drive off when finding out it was 2wd. In the end I sold to a lady who wanted it to put her wheelchair in and wanted high driving position, she didn't care it was 4wd or steam driven.

Never mind @Mojo121 a nice trip out to the block for some overpriced metal should cheer you up :P