Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

Autotrader dealer reviews

Hi all, just received my first negative and have no record of ever dealing with this loon?

Bought a car from this fella about four months ago and died after a week , refused to give any kind of refund and his response was " what do you expect its an old car" Avoid avoid avoid

You replied on 22/02/17 at 08:17 Edit reply

Hi, myself and my colleague have been through our receipts and we have no record of you, the fact autotrader has you down as not having a verified purchase from us concludes that

Has anyone appealed a review yet?

I had something similar on facebook so had to disable my review feature as there are just to many fruit cakes out there

you can't do it on autotrader, the reply from them was we don't remove reviews or get invloved, really really helpful 

I've already made my decision that if i get any negative review on my Autotrader account that is not verified or not fair i'm handing in my notice with Autotrader, that'l be me done, i'll use ebay/facebook and do individual ads with Autotrader.

Do you get notified when you get a review? Where do it show up on your dealer portal?

Yep reviews only apply to us that have an autotrader contract. For the ones just doing individual ads this has no effect on them, no option to add a negative review.

i had a real bad grudge that came up on the first hit on google,this woman lost her case in court but still posted the review whilst high on wine i believe,i had to threaten the host who was based in poland that as he was in the eu and the post was defamatory and libellous i was getting my lawyers to start proceedings against him,i showed him the dismissed by the judge letter and thankfully it was removed within days,bearing in mind this case took nigh 8 months to get to court so i have no idea how much it affected my business,im still not happy at her but my only choice was high court but i cant afford that,i even considered crowd funding but its not allowed anymore either because of some quango govt dept

as for autotrader threaten to close your account and do it if you have to,you pay their smelly little wages.

As an aside, reviews, its getting very concerning, especially in the feedback i am now getting from customers that they have read the reviews on one of my cars (in the section where people randomly post their experiences) before turning up, now, it only needs a few bad reviews from some keyboard idiot to kill a car sale....[. ie i was going to buy a peugeot 207 but i read a review where the wheels fell off one somewhere sometime someplace as some guy posted it from his bedroom with his undercrackers round his head and he was on the 4th bottle of white something,i lost the sale by the way because my customer whom ive known for 30 years decided to walk away from the sale because of one review on one car

i could go on but i think my buildings blowing down so im off

I have noticed that quite a few with contracts don't have the review option, can anyone explain?

you are well named, I have no issue with reviews that are genuine, pretty sure you are trolling or on your way over to mumsnet

Give a troll a keyboard and this is what happens! :rolleyes: Much like the nonsense reviews.....

SimpleSimon, I think you need to go and get a dog, you're obviously lonely.....

14 hours ago, SimpleSimon said:

What about all the years you guys had 'sticking it to em'? 

This is typical mentality and a common mistake made by so many people, yes we recognize that like every industry there are some rotten tomatoes who bring down the industry as a whole but we also have dealers who would like to see these dealers eroded from our industry. Some of us have a conscience and make sure we do the job right. It's strange that you don't mention about the times that we get shafted by customers with their part exchanges who blatantly lie about the vehicle that they want top dollar for, you may of done it yourself in the past told the dealer that you'd been offered X for it knowing full well that you hadn't for example or possibly something even worse. 

we all know how honest the motor trade is - mileage correctors still do a roaring trade with the motor industry. Can't all be faulty speedometers, can it? Just read the contempt being displayed here

I feel that you need educating on this point, statistics prove that car clocking is rampant at the moment not by the dealers but by consumers who see this as an easy option to avoid having to pay horrific excess mileage charges when returning their car at the end of a PCP deal. 

Just read the contempt being displayed here, all because the poor bugger that got shafted had the audacity to complain about it! Suck it up and welcome to the 21st century, I am sure for every one that complains you get a good few of them!

I like a lot of dealers on here have advised customers who've been shafted by other dealers about how to get it sorted, these are customers that haven't bought off us and we take the time and effort to help them because that's the type of dealers we are. 

15 hours ago, SimpleSimon said:

Is anyone still using sawdust?

Sorry to disappoint you but in my opinion this is one of those old wives tales, pub talk call it what you like but simply untrue, if you mix sawdust with oil it will soak up all of the oil and the part will fail, sawdust is used in the industry but for cleaning oil spills in the workshop

We don't attack we like to try and educate!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justina3 said:

passes the time of day, whilst i am having my granny prepped for sale. 

:lol: