Sign in to follow this  
sparky

Beware of Frank

On the surface, nice old chap is Frank in his old  trusty Renault Scenic. Fancies a change though and at his age, who can blame him? Frank lived with me for a day here, a day there, until he finally took the plunge after the longest test drive in history. Deposit paid and the process begins. Sadly, a few days later Frank has a change of heart and is really sad when I explain about deposits and contracts. Not to worry, I've seen something else you have, that might do the job. Hmmmmm.

Frank turns up again and gives me some cock and bull which I accept to a point but explain that really, you shouldn't be entering into contracts without being 100% sure. Not fair on the dealer and potential customers I explain. Frank looks at me puzzled as if there is not a problem and then goes on to explain if he wants to change his mind he can ( which I agree with) and of course he should have his deposit back (which I don't agree with). He then drops the bomb that this has happened six times recently and every time he has eventually got his deposit back and is still considering buying the car he first left a deposit on back in September!

At this point I ask for my keys back and kindly ask him not to come back or contact me ever again.

#bewareoffrank

Poor Frank being 'ripped off' by the dodgy car dealer, typical. You know they buy those cars cheap because they're all clocked/wrecks and sell them for 100 times what they cost. It's about time something was done about them. I hope Frank gets his money back and compensation for the massive inconvenience!

Wow Frank certainly gets about a bit!! He's been to me several times this year alone, and in fact I think I've met every single member of his time wasting cockwomble family!!! :rolleyes::ph34r:

#passmethegun

Frank has sent the 'recorded letter' but seems to be confused. According to the letter, he left a £200 holding deposit to hold the car until he was able to return for a second visit and inspection of the car. Hmmmmmmm Me thinks Frank is telling fibs. Anyway, after considerable thought he goes on to say it was not suitable for his use hence his request for his £200 holding deposit back. He was interested in an SW I have until I 'developed a bad attitude towards him regarding his deposit'. Oh well.

Any normal honest customer would have had the £200 back by now, not worth the grief, but I do feel strongly about Frank's attitude to the motor trade and someone needs to educate him that his behaviour is just not cricket.

Let's see where this one goes.

28 minutes ago, sparky said:

Frank has sent the 'recorded letter' but seems to be confused. According to the letter, he left a £200 holding deposit to hold the car until he was able to return for a second visit and inspection of the car. Hmmmmmmm Me thinks Frank is telling fibs. Anyway, after considerable thought he goes on to say it was not suitable for his use hence his request for his £200 holding deposit back. He was interested in an SW I have until I 'developed a bad attitude towards him regarding his deposit'. Oh well.

Any normal honest customer would have had the £200 back by now, not worth the grief, but I do feel strongly about Frank's attitude to the motor trade and someone needs to educate him that his behaviour is just not cricket.

Let's see where this one goes.

I suspect you're not the only dealer to receive a 'recorded letter' from what you've said....

I think Frank needs to learn the error of his ways.

The trouble with Frank(s), they have far too much time on their hands!!!

I know two other people called Frank,  both are a pain in the arse. Moaning, Mithering Lying Bastards 

Top Tip,

(To Be Frank)

Don't Trust a Frank 

On 30/12/2016 at 0:15 PM, tradex said:

I think we all end up with a serial test driving Frank at some time or another, I look at these guys as probably lonely types who really just want a chat...sorta care in the community.

I did have one serial test driver, used to pop in when ever i had a Focus on site...which was every week. Anyway he turns up and I'm not in the best of moods having just scratched an S Class wing on the entry door to the valeting area, and tell him not today aint got time for messers..bit rude to be honest but.... He takes great hurt at this and promises if the car car drives fine (why wouldn't it) he will be taking it home at the end of the day. So we test drove a peachy TD estate Focus he likes it, gets the wallet out and then professed surprise that he had no cash deposit....ffs!

So i say come back later today and leave deposit....of course he doesn't, car sells next day.

5 days later my Frank comes back to buy that Focus again and gets the right hump cos its sold....snooze 'n loose i tell him....he says have you got any other low mileage one owner Ford full history TD focii Ghia fully loaded even having wind and skin, summer & winters packs, in straight red, with personnal reg' and is painfully puzzled when i say no and dont hold ya breath waiting for one.

How do people like this dress themselves in the morning.

He probably thinks, like a supermarket, there's more than one of each on 'the shelf!'.:D ie you buy five or six the same?