Sign in to follow this  
macffar

Lemons

was just wondering how guys get rides off their lemons as its costing me quiet alot at the moment its very hard to swallow <_<<_< recently I have been sending them back to the auctions but it hasn't help that much .....shedding a light on this would be much appreciated.   

We're probably all going to disagree, but in my opinion Car Auctions can be an expensive way out of anything; weigh in transport, sold commission, entry fees, unsold cars. Personally, I prefer Ebay, but with an "honest" description. Bidders seem to love broken cars and fixer 'uppers and I've always managed to move stuff on. Interestingly I don't sell any of my stock on there, just my 'mistakes':D I appreciate Ebay has its own issues, nothing is perfect.

Agree totally all my sheds go on ebay auction, as long as they are described a 100%. Start them off at £99 with no reserve if they are particularly unpleasant. Fees are around £26 so much cheaper than auction fees.. Don't get me wrong you will you more than your fair share of people emailing " I'll give you £101 hard cash now!" just ignore them and watch the bids come in. I also make them sign a disclaimer to say they are buying an unroad worthy vehicle mileage not verified etc etc. Works for me.

• Like 1

I get nothing for any of mine I send to auction - they just go through week after week.

The honest answer is better appraisal ,this way most issues can be found before purchase, i always used to never take cars for test drives before  purchasing off jo public till i went through a spell of a few needing clutches,remember like buses theres always another car for sale behind this one so if its too cheap mileagy or too many obvious faults tot them up on woodbines packet and see if the sums fit,if not dont buy it no matter how much you want to and if one does get through sit down at work get a sheet of paper and work out all possibilities of cutting down your loss

so

repair then retail? 

auction?

ebay?

keep as a spares car if you have the room and its a good source of spares like say a mini?

or scrap it if its more hassle than its worth

I find listing them on flee bay or gumtree with the said faults gets me good results as you always find someone that isnt as pickie as me or thinks they can fix it for pennies. 

Whats to stop you putting the logbook in your name and sell it to WBAC? Independent trade cars at auctions normally go 50% less the cap value as bidders know its there for a reason. WBAC should off a bit more for it. 

On 12/10/2016 at 10:14 PM, metcars said:

We're probably all going to disagree, but in my opinion Car Auctions can be an expensive way out of anything; weigh in transport, sold commission, entry fees, unsold cars. Personally, I prefer Ebay, but with an "honest" description. Bidders seem to love broken cars and fixer 'uppers and I've always managed to move stuff on. Interestingly I don't sell any of my stock on there, just my 'mistakes':D I appreciate Ebay has its own issues, nothing is perfect.

Cheers metcars probably this answers my question....... there's only one issue with ebay is the time wasters which I do find it hard stand.