Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Peugeot 107

Not my usual thing. An early one, 2005 5dr Urban with 105k. Full history and a new clutch. It will be 12yrs old in a few weeks, do buyers of these 'city cars' like them slightly newer?

We had an 06 with 80k on it and I thought the same.

put it on at around £1800 and it sold within 3 hours and could have sold it 4 times.

30 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

We had an 06 with 80k on it and I thought the same.

put it on at around £1800 and it sold within 3 hours and could have sold it 4 times.

Does colour matter with these things?

107 & C1's seem to sell fast when  have them on the books, Never get any Aygo's they seem to command more money which is odd as there the same car made in the same factory. 

I find  5 Doors sell better if that helps

We do ok with all these(107,c1,aygo)older higher milers still ok if priced sensibly,dont forget the aygo(later ones)had 5 year warranty,and that combined with the toyota badge is prob. why they can be a bit more money.

We've sold a few and they've always gone pretty quickly regardless of badge or colour...not tried a yellow one yet and not keen to either.

One thing I never get is why people buy them? I know they're economical and cheap on tax but they have to be my least favourite thing to stock...horrid little things. Even moving them around the forecourt is a task I dread.

Cheap i10 or Picanto for me any day of the week!

60+mpg £20 tax insurance group 1

about £6k? Brand new and not much by way of complicated electrics to get wrong

almost want one myself !

There's a bum for every seat as someone once said to me, there very popular we do really well with them a lot of people prefer the lower mileage ones but as long as it's priced right it won't last long before it's snapped up.

This is an interesting read, I always steer clear of higher mileage cars, particularly small cars. I'll never forget a woman once telling me that she thought the 8 year Ford Ka I had for sale was high mileage at 50k miles!! I tend to find people want to small cars to be low mileage, perhaps not.....?

Slightly off topic, there is someone local to me selling their Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi on an 08 plate. 5 Door in red, but it's done 92k miles which puts me off. Looks really clean and tidy, think it might be a Zetec or Ghia trim, what would you guys expect to retail it at? I also find red a funny colour, lot's of people don't like it for some reason....

Your thoughts?

7 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

£2-2.5k ?

Yeah I was thinking £2.5k ish. He's asking £1995, he lives near me, washes it every week, and really is immaculate. If I could get him down to £1500 would be worth a punt, but doubt he'll move that much. Might give it another week, then go and wave pound notes under his nose....

21 hours ago, justina3 said:

There's a bum for every seat as someone once said to me.

Yes, very true. There's a car for everybody and not everyone wants a BMW/Mercedes/Audi

I've sold quite a few of the C1, 107 and Aygo. Always a cracking first car, cheap to run and insure. I have got in to the habit now of making sure I remove the rear upper brake light and the light clusters, clean them up really well and a nice silicon seal to avoid some of the water ingress issues. I have done some rear hatch seals too but expensive for what they are. If over 60k I get the water pump done, they have a habit of leaking and had one cause a problem with starter and alternator.

On a couple of older ones had clutch kits replaced. Kit is about £40 plus Vat and 3 hours labour. Touch wood, over the past few years, I reckon I've sold 60 plus and only had the odd warranty job back. I must admit, the higher the mileage the slower they sell, but, priced right they always tend to sell and make a bob or two

On 12/5/2016 at 10:43 AM, Ocsltd said:

Slightly off topic, there is someone local to me selling their Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi on an 08 plate. 5 Door in red, but it's done 92k miles which puts me off. Looks really clean and tidy, think it might be a Zetec or Ghia trim, what would you guys expect to retail it at? I also find red a funny colour, lot's of people don't like it for some reason....

Your thoughts?

I always find red to be one of the fastest selling Fords we have in, people seem to go mad for red fiestas 

Definitely a better seller in 5 door mode, can make a very economical small family car for some people. Sold them up to 99k on the clock without issue for the right price. Not had any C1's but Aygo and 107 have been pretty good news for us.

Never tried a yellow one, i hate yellow cars!

Cracking little cars, although I'm not quite sure why they thought it was a good idea to put a diesel engine in it.

Very price sensitive cars though which I struggle to buy as I do like a four figure mark up.

On 12/4/2016 at 10:21 AM, betginge said:

107 & C1's seem to sell fast when  have them on the books, Never get any Aygo's they seem to command more money which is odd as there the same car made in the same factory. 

I find  5 Doors sell better if that helps

Your quote probably answers my question as I have 107 in red 60reg 54000 on the clock 3 doors and it seems it dragging it feet on me I was expecting a quick turn on that but so far its not happening yet for about 6 weeks.............. 

What price do you have in it at?

I find if you are prepared to work on smaller margins you can flip them quickly but try for the fatter returns and they will sit and sit and sit. I used to buy them regularly but not so fussed now. It's okay working on a little less knowing you'll sell quickly but these are prone for a clutch and a leak here and there so all of a sudden there's nowt left!