peter..o

quick fixes.

Thought i would start this to help us all with any electrical/mechanical issues recently sorted.Had a 2012 chevy aveo with that favorite 1.3 cdti gm diesel engine as a non starter,turned out to be coroded earth terminal on the top of fuel pump/sender unit on top of tank,no hole in floor so had to drop tank and clean up terminal with a dremmel type tool,replace a few inches of wire and crimp new terminal on,sorted!!!! Another recent one was 2013 g/picasso 1.6 hdi as a non start,no fuel getting to filter,showing 1/4 of a tank,just put in £25.00 of diesel and straight away got fuel comming thru.dont yet know if is a faulty tank unit or pick up problem,customer got it back for now will keep it above 1/2 and see how it goes,regards to all,Peter

I think that's a cool idea I am sure with all the know how on here would be very handy

quick fix?

italian tune on a low mileage car

get it warm then go for a 10 mile fast drive in intermediary gears

cheapest fix ever for low mileage ex vicar used on sundays motors only or low mileage walking stick damaged sills motorbility end of term cars

Just remembered a couple of other qickies,rear water leak on aygo/c1/107,quite common i beleive,and often really pours in,is usually the high level centre brake lamp seal,take out lamp and you will see it perishes,just refit with a neat bead of silicon selaer.Also had 2010 golf with no remote locking(was working)just disconnect battery,re connect and work locking from key in drivers door(old fashioned way)this should reset and workok.Few weeks ago had Note 1.6 petrol with oil leak.took out box to inspect thinking it wqould be rear main but ended up being a blanking plug behind flywheel that screwed into block,wasn't really tightened properly,so just reseales and winched it up,regards to all.(any body got any more?)

Probably a bit off topic by a few years back I had a Ka that came with bills for new lower arms/ARB bushes top mounts the lot. On a test drive there was a heavy metallic knock drivers side. Everyone had a look at it. Eventually it was diagnosed as driveshaft/diff and the box came out. Still the same. Until someone noticed whoever did up the lower arms on the drivers side hadn't 'fully' tighten them up. Must have been about 1mm of gap. Hated that car

If your Wife is giving you grief, spending your money on F*king shoes etc, 

Quick Fix 

Take a Spade To the back of her Skull and bury her under the flags, I saw it on brookside, Not yet gave it a try myself but any day now :D

1 hour ago, betginge said:

If your Wife is giving you grief, spending your money on F*king shoes etc, 

Quick Fix 

Take a Spade To the back of her Skull and bury her under the flags, I saw it on brookside, Not yet gave it a try myself but any day now :D

Tried marriage twice, never worked for me:D

I had a knocking from the rear of an BMW E93 Touring 335D M sport. I thought it was rear top mounts, which are a bit of a pain to change but turned out to be the bottom damper nuts had wound off and just wanted buzzing up. Result.

had something similar on a kia carens 2009,knocking at the front,was convinced just usual anti roll bar links,put two on but still the same,ended up just being the top mount bolts 

for the shockers just needed tightening up and sorted!!!

Hi all,that time of year,just done a HRW repair on a kia,some small breaks in the HRW bands,got some electric conductive paint from maplins worked a treat,was using "granville" hrw paint  but just didn't seem to work, but the maplins stuff seems really good.

Talking about theI "Italian tune" as mentioned above,bought a kia rio 1.5 diesel from bca last week with a failed mot emmisions report,just flushed out oil and then oil cahnge,£10 worts of super diesel and two tins of "Forte" diesel system cleaner,good thrash up the by pass and passed MOT with flying colors,mega result!!!

8 hours ago, peter..o said:

Hi all,that time of year,just done a HRW repair on a kia,some small breaks in the HRW bands,got some electric conductive paint from maplins worked a treat,was using "granville" hrw paint  but just didn't seem to work, but the maplins stuff seems really good.

Talking about theI "Italian tune" as mentioned above,bought a kia rio 1.5 diesel from bca last week with a failed mot emmisions report,just flushed out oil and then oil cahnge,£10 worts of super diesel and two tins of "Forte" diesel system cleaner,good thrash up the by pass and passed MOT with flying colors,mega result!!!

It will be the forte cleaner thats done its magic. great stuff that cleaner 

7 minutes ago, betginge said:

It will be the forte cleaner thats done its magic. great stuff that cleaner 

On the subject of 'additives'. Other than Wynns upper cylinder lubricant (works a treat for noisy hydraulic lifters), has anyone had any success with anything else. I was very surprised to find my local Ford main dealer selling some of those snake oil type additives, one that supposedly cures leaking oil seals, and another similar to Steel Seal for curing leaking headgaskets. I asked the parts guy if Ford recommended those additives, unsurprisingly no reply?

Heard things about the gasket fix, does work to a degree on some types of HG fails.

Also agree the wynns or tin of wynies as i call it for the lifters is a good.

always flush the oil with an additive on the vauxhall engines that are prone to non regular oil changes due to long life oil used, which punters think lasts for 500 years. 

1 hour ago, betginge said:

Heard things about the gasket fix, does work to a degree on some types of HG fails.

Also agree the wynns or tin of wynies as i call it for the lifters is a good.

always flush the oil with an additive on the vauxhall engines that are prone to non regular oil changes due to long life oil used, which punters think lasts for 500 years. 

Funny how just the mention of Steel Seal on most motoring forums starts WW3!:D