Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

TV LICENCE

I had a letter come through this morning saying my unlicensed business address is being investigated....

I don't have any TV's at my work premises, only my Mac, which on the odd occasion I might have a game of football on in the background using my skygo account. Or now and again if my wife brings my little one down, I bring up bbc iplayer so they can watch the odd cbeebies programme.

Is this just a generic letter and they're trying their luck, or are they that switched on that they have caught me?!

I'm dammed if I'm paying £145 a year just to watch the odd thing here and there when I'm quiet. Do any of you bother with a tv licence at work, should I be concerned?

Generic letter, ignore it. If you google it or look on twitter there is more info about the letter you have had but it's tone and wording is strongly criticised.

4 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Generic letter, ignore it. If you google it or look on twitter there is more info about the letter you have had but it's tone and wording is strongly criticised.

Ok cheers, if I get a fine, I'll send it your way ;):P:lol:

3 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

I'll go halves with you :)

Go on then, hold out ya hand.... 

I have tv's but no ariel.

I have had a letter stating that if you watch Iplayer then you are liable for the license - i run a firestick in both my tvs for netflix for the kids, but as it has iplayer on i took the pill.

f**k em! they're just trying their luck, scare a few people into paying by sending out generic letters, they have no way of proving if you have a t.v or what you use it for.

24 minutes ago, M.J said:

f**k em! they're just trying their luck, scare a few people into paying by sending out generic letters, they have no way of proving if you have a t.v or what you use it for.

Agree with MJ

F*ck EM, 

You can't blaim them for trying, the BBC have a huge salary bill to cover these days

so do car dealers but nobody feels sorry for us, just content on milking us for every penny