Ocsltd

So what do YOU drive??

I'm still rocking my old Saab 900 but it's coming up for a ticket soon and i'm not that confident (i'm very anti moody MOT's so it might go on the bay for someone with spare time to rescue).

Last daily was an 04 Megane 1.5 dci that owed a ton but it blew up on me so now my current daily is a 59 Golf S 1.6 DSG. I usually end up in whatever hasn't sold for ages and isn't getting many enquiries. Having been in it for a couple of months now I can't see why it hasn't gone really. It is silver and only S spec which hurts it but it's got cruise and auto lights and wipers which is enough for me

57 minutes ago, metcars said:

Shocking A pillar blind spot. I'm 6'2" and I have to lean forward when negotiating a roundabout to sight the kerb, even worse at night in the rain.

My pet hate. The worst i've ever known was the Hyundai iX20/Kia Venga...had many a near miss in car parks and at roundabouts in one of those.

11 hours ago, Scanlon motors said:

Mercedes CL 500. A beast to drive. :D  ;)

Sorry. To qualify for this thread it has to have cost less than £200 and be able to take the dog to the country park on a muddy day!:D

25 minutes ago, metcars said:

Sorry. To qualify for this thread it has to have cost less than £200 and be able to take the dog to the country park on a muddy day!:D

To be fair, I think his autocorrect kicked in, it was suppose to say,  Mondeo 1.8 LX 96 on a P Plate, 190k miles and a cracked, egg shell rear bumper. An estate, naturally. ;)

10 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

To be fair, I think his autocorrect kicked in, it was suppose to say,  Mondeo 1.8 LX 96 on a P Plate, 190k miles and a cracked, egg shell rear bumper. An estate, naturally. ;)

He's in the club !!!:D

Jag s type still going well, now has private plate on it, cleaned to death and serviced. looks alot of car, reality is i spent more on dinner last night than the car cost :lol:

Has started knocking over pot holes, shocker bush going but the shocks are £160 each :o  Crazy,

17 hours ago, grant8064 said:

I'm still rocking my old Saab 900 but it's coming up for a ticket soon and i'm not that confident (i'm very anti moody MOT's so it might go on the bay for someone with spare time to rescue).

Yes, I think in this instance its better to sell it on an 'expired' MOT than a huge 'failure'

Saab 9-3 1.9 Tid Aero wagon I got "given" by a client when the DPF caught fire. She's a trooper but plagued with electrical gremlins at the moment, driving with the ECU relay permanently bridge out currently :D

7 hours ago, Daylight said:

Saab 9-3 1.9 Tid Aero wagon I got "given" by a client when the DPF caught fire. She's a trooper but plagued with electrical gremlins at the moment, driving with the ECU relay permanently bridge out currently :D

I used to run a Mondeo with a 'banger loom':lol:

On 10/18/2016 at 11:05 PM, Scooby who said:

The latest car that I I've purchased, so I can scrutinise it for faults before it's advertised.

I find it the only way, otherwise you get customers phoning or calling back once sold with stupid complaints like squeaky wipers, tracking off a tad, pollen filter blocked etc.

Great idea, I'm going to start doing this, hopefully plod will appreciate what I'm doing.

45 minutes ago, smallcarsdirect said:

Great idea, I'm going to start doing this, hopefully plod will appreciate what I'm doing.

I also do this with every car, until it's valeted. 

Still end up going wrong with a customer even if you have done 500 miles in the thing, in my experience.

55 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Still end up going wrong with a customer even if you have done 500 miles in the thing, in my experience.

So, so true. 

Took the weekend off to go 'touring' in the old cmax. Two small issues. The first was that I noticed in the handbook that the rear seats come out so great. But, and with the caveat that I'm 6'2" ex rugby player, could not manage it? The combination of having to 'duck' inside the rear door, lift and support the rear seat at approx 45degrees, and operate 2 unlocking levers to release the seat while deadlifting it all up clear of the floorplan was too much for this old boy. The major fail was having two seperate levers to unlock the seat, which means having 3 arms. The second was while manouvering in a tight parking area outside some shops one evening the nearside sill made contact with some stone borders that will need paint. I was really annoyed about that. But, I'd be more annoyed if it was a 5yr old BMW?

'Smoke' on!

Edited by metcars

The Cmax has gone. Couldn't stand the hard seats and having to peep around the a pillar. Replaced with a 'chancy' '02 Focus tdci estate (I know:rolleyes:). It's done a few hundred miles already. Got a little noise when cranking over wihch I'm hoping is just an old auxiliary belt. I don't normally bother with older diesels to sell on. I tend to think that a diesel estate that is serviceable and able to pass an MOT will be run into the ground, only a terminal issue will see it at auction, but so far so good.

Currently in an old 528i with cloth seats and 170k that I took in px...trouble is, it drives beautifully with no creaks or groans and I can't bring myself to scrap it. It's actually got FSH, the last one of which cost more than the cars value!

Having said that, I've got a leggy but tidy E220 diesel W211 coming in next week in a deal so the beemers days could be numbered :-(

Edited by CGF

58 plate Alfa GT. low mileage good history but I bought it when I was stoned....although I've never taken a non-prescription drug in my life.

Drug misuse is the only explanation I can give because I'm not colour blind, my eyesites ok for my age and I,m not stupid. But this has had many repairs which were far from "smart" and if there are 50 shades of green, then there must be 70 shades of red.

If I'm ever to part with it, I either need someone who can only see in mono or someone who appreciates every shade of red known to man and some yet to be discovered.

Currently F30 BMW 330d in Estoril Blue with all the options. Beautiful drive, immense power and looks amazing! Usually get bored of cars very quickly but this one puts a smile on my face everytime I get in. 

23 hours ago, XFS said:

58 plate Alfa GT. low mileage good history but I bought it when I was stoned....although I've never taken a non-prescription drug in my life.

Drug misuse is the only explanation I can give because I'm not colour blind, my eyesites ok for my age and I,m not stupid. But this has had many repairs which were far from "smart" and if there are 50 shades of green, then there must be 70 shades of red.

If I'm ever to part with it, I either need someone who can only see in mono or someone who appreciates every shade of red known to man and some yet to be discovered.

Alfa Red...The softest paint on the planet! Is it stone chipped to death as well? :P

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Alfa Red...The softest paint on the planet! Is it stone chipped to death as well? :P

The bonnet looks like it's been shot blasted. But I think it's the only panel which is Alfa red. The rest of the car is any red which came to hand and was somewhere close to the right colour..and mostly has been applied so thickly and unevenly you could throw rocks a it and it wouldn't chip.

9 hours ago, tradex said:

11 hours ago, XFS said:

The bonnet looks like it's been shot blasted. But I think it's the only panel which is Alfa red. The rest of the car is any red which came to hand and was somewhere close to the right colour..and mostly has been applied so thickly and unevenly you could throw rocks a it and it wouldn't chip.

It's a shame because when you get a good one, nothing beats a shiny red Alfa! Especially a GTV or a ti of some description!

9 hours ago, tradex said:

They have normally faded to 'dog's cock red':D

You worry me! :lol: