metcars

Manheim website.....

I've given up with Manheim, they're website is crap, when it's not down. I've had issues with their simulcast. I've been watching cars, for them to magically disappear. Just stick to BCA now.....

21 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

I've given up with Manheim, they're website is crap, when it's not down. I've had issues with their simulcast. I've been watching cars, for them to magically disappear. Just stick to BCA now.....

I've had hassle with simulcast too. Keeps dropping out and losing connection. I just thought it was my crap virgin wireless router. I'm pretty sure they could get any high school kid to build a website that doesn't keep crashing

5 minutes ago, metcars said:

I've had hassle with simulcast too. Keeps dropping out and losing connection. I just thought it was my crap virgin wireless router. I'm pretty sure they could get any high school kid to build a website that doesn't keep crashing

When I was trying to bid online, the live auction was completely out of sync with the bidding on the screen, thus, meaning I couldn't bid on any cars. It would be OK for the first 20ish cars, then would just go to pot, really frustrating! Never had any issues with BCA......

I buy 90% of my stock from manheim and have rarely encountered any issue with their site. Works fine for me. 

A bit of downtime in an evening for maintenance is fairly normal from time to time. 

Edited by Rory RSC

10 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

I buy 90% of my stock from manheim and have rarely encountered any issue with their site. Works fine for me. 

A bit of downtime in an evening for maintenance is fairly normal from time to time. 

Trouble is, I spend most my evenings searching the auctions for stock, as sometimes it's the only time I get if I'm busy during the day. Quite frustrating when it seems to be down so much. Even my brother, who isn't in the trade, but likes to look for cars, commented on how it always seems to be down.

I don't find the website very user friendly. 

If you type Renaulsport into the search, it doesn't like it. Where as BCA will bring up all the Renaultsports without having to trawl through loads of Clio 1.2 Dynamique's....

Edited by Ocsltd

I've really gone off Manheim, and doubt ill be buying from the again

Very slow website, no service details until you've clicked in the vehicle

The last time i used the website i was looking at an auction in Washington

3 cars had no condition report until about half an hour before the auction started

All the cars i was looking at (about 8 in total) all had "awaiting service history" . I had to wait until they came through the hall to find out if/what services it had had

All cars listed 1 key, except 3 cars which somehow had 0 keys

How could i work out if it was worth the 3 hour drive to washington or not to go and bid on these vehicles, and how to plan my day around it

To top it off, bidding on the simulcast i was clicking away to submit a bid, i know i pressed the button before the auctioneer had started closing the auction, i  tried 3/4 times yet my bids never appeared, until i got a display message to say my bid couldnt be accepted as the auction had finished...

back to BCA for me

• Like 1

Signed up to them 8 months ago - I think i've bid on 3 cars

Website is nice and clean, thats where it ends for me, confusing info, terrible search function, Simulcast drops off ....

BCA all the way for me too

Just out of interest, is there anywhere else people are buying from - i currently use

BCA, Dealer Auction, Sytner Auction, Full Auction, 1 Link, Auction 4 cars, MFL Direct, TSA and CD Auction Group.

However I have only ever bought from BCA, Sytner and Dealer Auction.... others either selling scrap/too new/overpriced?

Thanks

Mat

• Like 2

I must admit BCA has the better website, always has. Much easier to search for stuff. I think that the Manheim website and Simulcast is fundamentally flawed and they are having to iron out the kinks as they go. Not good enough in this day and age. Like I said, school kids can make solid websites, god knows how much Manheim have spent on their IT so far, someone must be annoyed!

21 hours ago, Mat C said:

Signed up to them 8 months ago - I think i've bid on 3 cars

Website is nice and clean, thats where it ends for me, confusing info, terrible search function, Simulcast drops off ....

BCA all the way for me too

Just out of interest, is there anywhere else people are buying from - i currently use

BCA, Dealer Auction, Sytner Auction, Full Auction, 1 Link, Auction 4 cars, MFL Direct, TSA and CD Auction Group.

However I have only ever bought from BCA, Sytner and Dealer Auction.... others either selling scrap/too new/overpriced?

Thanks

Mat

Theres Dealer PX (Rybrook) however there system seems a bit odd. If somebody puts a bid in the last few minutes it adds an extra 5 minutes to the auction time, but they have some nice stuff, and the odd buy it now

I've signed up to Buying Buddy, but never bought anything from them yet, has anybody had much dealings with them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CJ Underhill said:

Theres Dealer PX (Rybrook) however there system seems a bit odd. If somebody puts a bid in the last few minutes it adds an extra 5 minutes to the auction time, but they have some nice stuff, and the odd buy it now

I've signed up to Buying Buddy, but never bought anything from them yet, has anybody had much dealings with them?

Cheers, 

Just signed up to them both

More options the better for me

Maybe its just me but I've had endless problems signing into to Manheim site. They've obviously changed something in the last couple of weeks. I dare say I'm going to have to go and buy a brand new computer to take full advantage of the features of the site?

6 hours ago, metcars said:

Maybe its just me but I've had endless problems signing into to Manheim site. They've obviously changed something in the last couple of weeks. I dare say I'm going to have to go and buy a brand new computer to take full advantage of the features of the site?

Have you tried signing in from different browsers? I use a mix of Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE.

I find Firefox works best with the Manheim site.

12 hours ago, M.J said:

Have you tried signing in from different browsers? I use a mix of Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE.

I find Firefox works best with the Manheim site.

Actually, yes. I have also tried 2 different devices. And I always seem to use Firefox. It's just the Manheim website that's being difficult recently for some reason.