Sign in to follow this  
umesh

Workshop Heating

Workshop Heating

I Know before you all tell me it summer !

Need to sort out heating the workshop I've recently acquired, it has a waste oil heater which I cannot use anymore due to environmental issues [ Have to pay £3500 per annum if I wish to continue using it ]

what does everyone else use ? don't have gas , Just ordered new uniform for them told them I'd get extras fleece's but they don't like that idea.

Any help /suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Umesh

I've got an oil filled heater for the winter, but i'm only in a 16ft office so its not too difficult to heat, all depends on the size of the area you're trying to heat Umesh? 

59 minutes ago, M.J said:

I've got an oil filled heater for the winter, but i'm only in a 16ft office so its not too difficult to heat, all depends on the size of the area you're trying to heat Umesh? 

It's BIG 572 metre square :) 22m x 11m x15m

A couple of space heaters Umesh little portable gas type heaters or you can run them on red diesel aswell. 

Give euro or CES a call they should be able to hook you up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, umesh said:

It's BIG 572 metre square :) 22m x 11m x15m

I tried..... I really tried............cannot...... fight......... pedantry gene.........

That isn't 572sq m Umesh, old boy.

If the workshop is 15m high (!?), it's 242sq m in area and 3630cu m in volume.

At 11m high (still !?), it's 330sq m in area and the volume is obviously the same.

I know it's none of my business, but if you were considering buying paint for the floor, for example, you'd be getting waaaaay ttoo much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GreenGiant said:

I tried..... I really tried............cannot...... fight......... pedantry gene.........

That isn't 572sq m Umesh, old boy.

If the workshop is 15m high (!?), it's 242sq m in area and 3630cu m in volume.

At 11m high (still !?), it's 330sq m in area and the volume is obviously the same.

I know it's none of my business, but if you were considering buying paint for the floor, for example, you'd be getting waaaaay ttoo much.

GG - You've found my weakness ... Its BIG That's all I know - used 'online calculator ' to work it work :) ! #fail 

Used on line calculator to calculate paint with the paint supplier and we ran out of paint :) #fail [Walls] 

Floor paint - Now thats another story AND Thats spot on mate 330sq m #Pass :) [ Another friend had worked it out when he looked ] 

Think I'll find a job where maths is not required ... 

tell them that you're going to work them that hard and keep them that busy that the sweat will be pouring off them and you'll get air con installed instead. B)

Agree with MJ, I've got a workshop that I think is a fair size, wont even dream of trying to calculate the footage (don't want to incur GG's wrath) but its got 3 bays each with a 2 post car lift and could probably squeeze 10-12 cars in with the doors closed. Trouble being the doors are always open with cars coming in and out but found putting a plastic industrial curtain in has helped. only have 2 oil filled heaters and they're rarely used to be honest outside of the coldest winter months. you'll be surprised how much heat it can keep in, as long as the workshop is well ventilated it works a treat - good luck with it Umesh

• Like 1