Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful South Martin

Excessive dog odour

Morning everyone....Just took a Skoda estate in part ex which despite having a full valet stinks of dog. Can anyone recommend a decent after market product I can use before putting it on the pitch.....Many Thanks

Difficult to eliminate 100%.  Ozone generally works well though. Important to give the car a very thorough valet before using ozone. Use a professional external generator with a duct into the car. Run it for 1-2 hours MAXIMUM. Air out the car for a few hours after.

jewelultra in Maidstone, have a product like an odour bomb. You turn the engine on and the ventilation system on full, let the thing go and close the door, cleans the interior and heating system. I think GardX have one too. 

On 12/2/2022 at 4:31 PM, Halfpenny said:

Difficult to eliminate 100%.  Ozone generally works well though. Important to give the car a very thorough valet before using ozone. Use a professional external generator with a duct into the car. Run it for 1-2 hours MAXIMUM. Air out the car for a few hours after.

interesting,i use a chinese one i bought in covid times for £100 and i sit this in the car for no more than 20 minutes doors shut on the timer,i then leave for 10 minutes then open all the doors wide and it rakes a while for that beautiful smell of lightning to go

reason i mention it is when doing my homework it was suggested that too much ozone can break down wiring coverings in things like cars so dont over do it

yes proper deep valet first

Edited by It's me

23 hours ago, It's me said:

interesting,i use a chinese one i bought in covid times for £100 and i sit this in the car for no more than 20 minutes doors shut on the timer,i then leave for 10 minutes then open all the doors wide and it rakes a while for that beautiful smell of lightning to go

reason i mention it is when doing my homework it was suggested that too much ozone can break down wiring coverings in things like cars so dont over do it

Ozone gets rid of bad odours because it actually oxidises the molecules that cause the smell. It doesn't just cover up the smell. The oxidising action also kills bacteria and viruses, in a similar to bleach. And yes, it will oxidise plastics so go easy with it.

With the worst ones it is virtually  impossible to get rid of the odour and after a week or two ,it usually comes back.We had an ex Motability Golf which had several wet vacs,smoke bombs and we even changed the trim.We retailed it twice and had to refund it each time and had it in stock for about a year.Then third time lucky we retailed it again and it never came back ……….the punter was a farmer !

On 12/6/2022 at 5:34 PM, It's me said:

The jewelultra one does the same thing in around 10 mins for about £2 a shot I think, have run out so reminder to order somemore........

You have to find the source of the smell. No good masking it, it will return.

I recently traded in a 2022 Berlingo which was used to transport Greyhounds. Having a decent factory bulkhead I imagined the notable dog odour was just confined to the cargo area. However, on closer inspection I noticed the dogs had been urinating against the sides of the cargo area and it had run under the front seats. Had to remove the front floor covering and foam insulation, wash with odour destroying chemical, dry and then spray down with vinegar to neutralise the urine.

wait till you buy a car with maggots in,now they are or were difficult to kill,you would think you had killed them all but next morning it was full of the things again,these days the ozone machine would do it in one good zapperoonie

bladdy fishermen:lol: