Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Manheim opening up

Recommended Posts

Had an email from manheim. A few selected sites are opening after July 19. Apparently it’s a benchmarking exercise to help them understand their role in ‘future strategy’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just received that email. There does seem to be an awful lot of rules and regulations....temperature checking/NHS track & trace app/only one person per Manheim account/marshalls telling us where to go, as it were!.....I'd rather they checked the temperatures of the car engines! :D I think I'll be sticking to online personally.

I'm quite surprised they are opening up at all though as I'm very doubtful BCA will ever go back to any type of physical auction.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MJG50 said:

I've just received that email. There does seem to be an awful lot of rules and regulations....temperature checking/NHS track & trace app/only one person per Manheim account/marshalls telling us where to go, as it were!.....I'd rather they checked the temperatures of the car engines! :D I think I'll be sticking to online personally.

I'm quite surprised they are opening up at all though as I'm very doubtful BCA will ever go back to any type of physical auction.

Manheim did say this was a ‘bench marking’ exercise, which implies they have their own criteria for opening up (or not).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what benefit is for them in opening up. I thought they’d have more interest in remaining closed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly, I'm very surprised they are opening up at all. It's not like they are a supermarket, the auctions are doing very well online only so from their point of view, it's not worth opening up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they’ve chosen specific sites to confirm what they already know regarding staying online?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the only sites taking part in this are Leeds, Birmingham and Colchester. They will be open to physical buyers for an initial 4-6 week period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BCA are planning opening up various sites on the evening sales I have heard via the grapevine , no time scales yet though ,

Basically its heading towards the shite cars , cheap trade stuff that people want to look round . 

90% will remain online sales only .

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

BCA are planning opening up various sites on the evening sales I have heard via the grapevine , no time scales yet though ,

Basically its heading towards the shite cars , cheap trade stuff that people want to look round . 

90% will remain online sales only .

 

First thing I thought was just cheap sales. Its the way it needs to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2021 at 11:31 PM, MJG50 said:

.....I'd rather they checked the temperatures of the car engines! :D 

:lol::lol::D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So..... anyone going? I was watching the ticket sales and there’s still just under half still available at Colchester tonight. I thought it’d be crammed with the usual local suspects but? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, metcars said:

 

So..... anyone going? I was watching the ticket sales and there’s still just under half still available at Colchester tonight. I thought it’d be crammed with the usual local suspects but? 

 

I had an email the other day from Manheim trying to drum up interest.

What I don’t understand is why on Earth  you need to register to attend & only one person per account - Manheim must surely be one of the most awkward bastards to do business with & yet again more hurdles to jump. You can go just about anywhere in the country unfettered but with Manheim that’s not the case. What a fucking company. 

Not that I’ve used them much over the last few years but the sharp practices employed by their staff regarding misdescribed vehicles has driven me elsewhere. I’m afraid Manheim opening up for a few evening sales so I can look at the bangers won’t attract me back -  I’d bet they’re not allowing full access to the cars, no doubt disguised as anti-COVID measures, as they’ll do absolutely anything to castrate the efforts of trade bidders to sort the wheat from the chaff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BHM said:

I had an email the other day from Manheim trying to drum up interest.

What I don’t understand is why on Earth  you need to register to attend & only one person per account - Manheim must surely be one of the most awkward bastards to do business with & yet again more hurdles to jump. You can go just about anywhere in the country unfettered but with Manheim that’s not the case. What a fucking company. 

Not that I’ve used them much over the last few years but the sharp practices employed by their staff regarding misdescribed vehicles has driven me elsewhere. I’m afraid Manheim opening up for a few evening sales so I can look at the bangers won’t attract me back -  I’d bet they’re not allowing full access to the cars, no doubt disguised as anti-COVID measures, as they’ll do absolutely anything to castrate the efforts of trade bidders to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Exactly, they are using so called anti-COVID measures to stop us giving the cars a half decent inspection. I read that we wouldn't be allowed to inspect the interiors. It's mad that we can go to nightclubs, Wembley, Wimbledon & Silverstone in large groups but we can't take a colleague to Manheim! 

I've had enough trouble over the years looking at cars at Manheim & BCA way before last year - I've had the odd bonnet slammed down by the staff within a second of opening it! It does seem crazy that we get bollocked by grumpy auction drivers for having a very quick look at the interiors. The trouble is they can get away with it as apart from the odd small privately owned auction, there's not much choice apart from the big two.

We do seem stuck between a rock and a hard place now - it is still a massive gamble buying online with wildly inconsistent grading but personally even if BCA and Manheim open up all their sales again (which I'm sure they never will!) I couldn't be doing with all their pointless rules and regulations. Off topic, but I can't bothered with pubs or restaurants anymore either! This constant atmosphere of being potentially told off when you are the paying customer makes me only go to places I really need to go to these days. 

I am just surprised as to why Manheim are opening at all - I'm sure someone on here with good contacts at the auctions will know why but to me it seems very strange as Manheim don't have anything to gain by opening up. It certainly seems as though the small re-opening has been designed to fail. I'm not surprised there are still lots of 'tickets' left!

 

 

Edited by MJG50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BHM said:

I had an email the other day from Manheim trying to drum up interest.

What I don’t understand is why on Earth  you need to register to attend & only one person per account - Manheim must surely be one of the most awkward bastards to do business with & yet again more hurdles to jump. You can go just about anywhere in the country unfettered but with Manheim that’s not the case. What a fucking company. 

Not that I’ve used them much over the last few years but the sharp practices employed by their staff regarding misdescribed vehicles has driven me elsewhere. I’m afraid Manheim opening up for a few evening sales so I can look at the bangers won’t attract me back -  I’d bet they’re not allowing full access to the cars, no doubt disguised as anti-COVID measures, as they’ll do absolutely anything to castrate the efforts of trade bidders to sort the wheat from the chaff.

This whole thing is just to gauge interest. They offer tickets so they can judge how many attendees. I had a peep on simulcast and was expecting a rugby scrum but it looked a bit quiet?

But, if you want physical auctions to open again I’d suggest you guys support these test openings? Or, as I suspect they’ll stay online. Maybe have the odd special event. I’d also imagine BCA are watching very closely.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently there was a fight at the Geordie Manheim this week :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, twerp said:

Apparently there was a fight at the Geordie Manheim this week :o

It must of been the staff cos they aren’t open.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this