Sign in to follow this  
GreenGiant

Camel's back about to be broken... and I've got the right hump about it.

There have been recent revelations about you-know-who's (Clue: Greedy, arrogant, PLC Control Freaks) latest attempts to screw their subscribers (ie, CUSTOMERS) by denying visibility of ads, where the dealer refuses to allow their ridiculous part exchange 'valuations' to appear on those ads. If this is news to you, I suggest you find time to read some of the postings on their own forum, especially if you are one of their CUSTOMERS. And if you don't know who I'm writing about, where have you been?

Anyway, I feel it is time for this extremely shady practice to be brought into the open.

And publicly ridiculed. Sorry, discussed.

And shown to be the snide, pernicious, grubby, money-grabbing arrogance that it really is.

So.

I've a feeling Ranty Friday is going to make a comeback this week, alongside another open letter to whoever is currently in charge at that impressive organisation.

Unless, of course, the consensus is that I should just leave them to get on with it, unchecked.

I'll let you decide.

Edited by GreenGiant
  • Like 3

Totally disgusting behaviour on their part. With you on this one all the way. 

I made the comment on their own forum that car dealerships that don't take part exchanges are like drug dealers that don't take cash. They just don't exist. 

Give them both barrels, and I've found out Bethany is a real person and does exist. 

It's not right what they plan to do and I'm not sure they will be able to get away with it. Effectively they plan to say that some dealers who are happy take part exchange actually aren't, because they won't subscribe to auto traders new and totally useless product.

As RS says what dealer does not take part exchange? 

Had I better look at autotraders forum then ?

Edited by Steve92

I stopped advertising with AT on an expensive contract over a year ago and just started to put a few on as pay as you go, then a few months ago they said that what we were getting for free i.e. mobile priority listing on paygo they were going to start charging for (an extra 15%) Now I also find that even though I am paying for the ultimate all singing all dancing top  paygo package my cars are not seen by most people as there is nowhere to say that we take px, no one told us this was happening it just happened, I wonder if I can have a refund because my cars are not seen by everyone and no one told me...

Sorry but I have no sympathy for the "vote stay" brigade, I voted to leave over two years ago and am free from all the bullying and dictatorship attitude! 

There are so many other avenues out there so move on from the brainwashing and explore, you won't regret it further down the line!!

• Like 1

I get that and I'm happy for you. I will be joining you away from the dark side as soon as conditions allow. 

But this is not just an in or out campaign. It has become a crusade to stop the power from corrupting those who cannot stop themselves.

To ignore is to condone, in my book.

More in the morning, as, judging by the official response from AT on their forum, there are probably going to be a few angry bunnies...

Edited by GreenGiant
  • Like 2