Steve92

Autotrader Valuations

It seems people browsing autotrader can now request a valuation for their part exchange simply by inputting their registration number and mileage. This gives them an instant valuation and a cost to change and emails the dealer direct.

i've had a trial run this morning using my own car to see what the process is and it seems fairly simple. Is this autotrader a way of becoming cap/glasses ? Has anyone else had customer feedback ? I responded to one this morning who simply replied back saying the price wasn't good enough, but they probably wanted retail for it anyway

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:28 AM, Steve92 said:

It seems people browsing autotrader can now request a valuation for their part exchange simply by inputting their registration number and mileage. This gives them an instant valuation and a cost to change and emails the dealer direct.

i've had a trial run this morning using my own car to see what the process is and it seems fairly simple. Is this autotrader a way of becoming cap/glasses ? Has anyone else had customer feedback ? I responded to one this morning who simply replied back saying the price wasn't good enough, but they probably wanted retail for it anyway

I threw out CAP last year, they've not been accurate for ages and I object to autotrader putting these valuations on my adverts. Knowing what price to give on a part ex is my job and every car is different, ownership, history, condition, car buyers tend to think its a quote from me and hold me to it. I notice Motors.co.uk doing the same but sending buyers to wewantanycar!!!!!!!! Ive had about 10 of these valuation emails in the last week and whilst ive managed to deal on a few, most of them aren't accurate, gave nearly £2k more on a Range Rover TD V8 Vogue than I valued it at when they turned up, customer well pxxxed off

All valuations don't make sense ! 

Peugeot 3008 this morning as i Tweeted ! 

MASSIVE Variance in Price #Peugeot #3008 GG £9260 cap £7850 AT £6675

Who's right ? wrong ? OR Are they all RIGHT .... And the retail is £10,000 :) - all showing the variance in margins .. I look forward to your comments !

Umesh. You are probably better off using a crystal ball as a guide.

One of our salesmen keeps one on his desk!