Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Security lighting

I've got various halogen security lights around my place. But, I've decided to upgrade the bulbs to LED. My issue is, what spec of LED bulb produces the equivalent lighting power (lumens?) as a 400w halogen bulb?

:)

Just been thru, I gota say Halogens with PIR are, in experience, way more reliable than PIR LEDs, both mains and solar. 

Shame because the solar powered ones work great and, soooooo easy to install but, last a year, usually 6 months....maybe my bad luck. 

16 minutes ago, Frank Cannon said:

Just been thru, I gota say Halogens with PIR are, in experience, way more reliable than PIR LEDs, both mains and solar. 

Shame because the solar powered ones work great and, soooooo easy to install but, last a year, usually 6 months....maybe my bad luck. 

I’ve been reading that they’re just not as powerful? I want this place to look like a space ship is landing when the lights come on!:D

13 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

i have 10000 lumen`s..........................this is the measurement for lighting, I find they are just as bright and run on minimal electricity, 

Where did you get them. I've been on ebay and they tend not to describe the bulbs in lumens?

i now use smd 50 watt is equivalent to 500 watt you  will find them very bright if you buy daylight type ie not warm,at 50 watt per unit you might consider leaving them on

if you have cctv then i find my property unloess its raining is like looking at it as if its daylight through the remote  access thats free via xmeye

as regards pir they all seem to be crap these days so i dont use them

i use remote from my phone to turn them on and off at my preference or i can set the timing up on the app

these are for pennies now from ali express

for an idea look at ebay  302360320074

• Like 1