Sign in to follow this  
MJG50

Delivery from BCA by transporter when only buying 1 car

I'm interested in a car at BCA Blackbushe and in the past I've had them delivered by transporter or plated drivers with no problem. However, I've just checked their new terms and if the car is over 8 years old/over 100k/not a clean Assured report, they won't drive it so it has to be put on a transporter and I see that they mention "Transporter option is available on purchases of 3 or more vehicles from one BCA location." 

Just wondered if anyone else has bought one car from BCA recently and had it delivered by transporter?

It just seems a pain as unless it fits their criteria to drive it, I'd only be able to use a BCA transporter if buying at least 3 cars at a time.

just ring them and see if they will take the booking. It really depends on the branch but I have had several single deliveries in the last month and a couple that were over 100K

Highline is very lucky I was 100% told the rules are the rules. 

Movex are useless almost zero quotes I suspect it’s due to the drivers having to pre-book slots 

so I haven’t been able to buy from bca since March.

do they care.........

Yeah, if theres any markers on the mechanical report they wont deliver. I've even had them refuse a one year old car because the tpms light was on(they did deliver after they pumped the tyre)

However I've had over ten year olds delivered because there was no report to flag any faults.

They are offering really good rates on 3 cars transported together. However if it suits them they are still doing singles. Like I said ring them and they might fit it in, they have done several for me. 

I'm currently using BCA only if I have to but they seem to be over the initial rush and are improving.

Movex has been really bad but last week I filled three deliveries off them. Paid 20-30% more than pre-covid but thats fine I just want my cars so you could  try them.

Worst case scenario is send your owns guys up with plates but even with pre-confirmed bookings they have had to stand in lines for over two hours so thats something I wont do again.

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

Movex are useless almost zero quotes I suspect it’s due to the drivers having to pre-book slots 

do they care.........

Are you on facebook mate? Trade 2 trade transport group has loads of good verified drivers and transport companies out there who can do single cars at good prices. Find a local one to you / to the auction and get a good few done.

Many thanks for the replies. I remember the days before Assured Reports so all cars with MoTs got driven down. That's mad that they refused to drive one with the tpms light on yet delivered cars over 10 years old with no report as there's no report to flag any faults! I've just checked the BCA site again and it states the following:

To qualify for the plate driven delivery service purchased cars and LCVs must meet the following criteria - exceptions apply:

• Vehicles purchased must be under 8 years old
  • Vehicles must have under 100,000 miles on the odometer
  • Valid MOT
  • Clean BCA Assured report
  • Transporter option is available on purchases of 3 or more vehicles from one BCA location.

I haven't had anything delivered for a few years. That one had an engine noise on the report but the branch had a look at the car and didn't hear anything amiss so they drove it down. It was absolutely fine, well until it blew up 2 years later! But the fact they drove that one down shows there maybe some flexibility!

Thanks for the heads up about the 2 hour wait! I was thinking of collecting it myself but 2 hours is even worse than the queue used to be for paying for cars.

I'll call the branch and see what they say. I'm glad I checked the state of play with deliveries before bidding though as I assumed I could bid at any BCA and get it delivered with no hassle. I definitely won't bid on anything at the other end of the country in case I end up needing to collect it myself. I'll check out the Facebook group but I can't imagine delivery drivers being too keen on collecting cars if they have to waste 2 hours at BCA.

Does anyone know if it's the same situation with Manheim regarding a minimum of 3 cars to a transporter?

Edited by MJG50

2 hours? Is it really that bad down there?

Havn’t had to que at all up here, just walked straight in and got my pack/car sometimes earlier than my arranged collection time. 

I have noticed every site seams to have different arrangements for collections though.

10 hours ago, justina3 said:

do they care.........

Try the Autotrader moving tab works a charm for us everytime