Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful South Martin

Fiat Panda Diesel

Good Evening

Just wondering if I could pick your brains.

Ive just taken in part exchange a nice (if there is such a thing) 2006 Fiat Panda 1.3 Diesel one private owner 39k miles with FSH. Good retail small car for my pitch or so I thought, (the car drove fine the day the customer called in for a valuation I went about a mile down the road listening for any noises etc)

After he had collected his new car from me this morning I had to pop out for some parts and I thought I would give the Panda a good drive. Went approx. 6 miles, there was a huge misfire and the EML light came on and it went into a sort of limp mode. I whizzed it straight round to my auto electrician guy and after putting it on his diagnostic machine said it was showing a fault on the turbo?

After going through the service history I see our local Fiat main dealer put a new EGR valve on it at only 29k. I don't want it to be a money pit so I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem with this model/engine and if so was it an easy fix

Thanks in advance.

try one these  common faults, map sensor on the back of the engine quite often block with carbon and easily cleaned out with a paper clip but make sure you clean it out with the hole facing downwards, secondly try putting a  turbo boost sensor not very expensive last one I bought was only about £40 from the dealers. Another thing that can cause this fault is the metal pipe on the rhs of the engine going to the egr can block and needs cleaning out. Any more advice needed just ask sold loads of these 1.3 engines over the years.

Could be wrong, but think the Fiat engine is the same as the one used in Corsa at that age, if so think Phil H would be right with the MAP sensor needing cleaned

HI

THE TURBO ACTUATOR LEVER CAN STICK

THIS WOULD CAUSE YOUR PROBLEM

IT WOULD NEED A MANCHESTER SREWDRIVER TO BEST CURE

LOOK ON SAY THE FIAT FORUM FOR A WORK THROUGH

oops caps

Edited by s and b

Thought it stood for ''Fart In A Tin'' :P

Anyway if it's not EGR / Carbon build up related, then another common cause is the bottom turbo hose can collapse if it gets punctured.  It's worth a quick visual check...

Bin it before you get too deep, and never touch anything with that engine in it ever again would be my advice.

Bin it before you get too deep, and never touch anything with that engine in it ever again would be my advice.

some say the earth is flat:P

• Like 1