James Baggott

Perrys MD Darren Ardron on Car Dealer Live at midday today

Coming up at midday on Car Dealer Live, I'm chatting to Perrys Motor Sales Ltd managing director Darren Ardron. Join us at the link below to hear him chat about how his business is coping with the crisis

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/car-dealer-live-20-perrys-md-darren-ardron-live-midday-thursday/190735

• Like 1

The first man to appreciate the basics like security of parked up cars,the flat batteries,flat tyres etc

He was also keen to put his workforce first which is nice to see

I think perrys will come out of this well,I've been to their service desks and I found it a well run friendly place to be waiting in

Not keen inbthe scrappage all it did last time was fill the country up with red and silver i10's which seem impossible to sell s/h

Thanks as ever car dealer magazine a good interview and Darren cut your lads pocket money down for walking in mid discussion 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thestalker said:

The first man to appreciate the basics like security of parked up cars,the flat batteries,flat tyres etc

He was also keen to put his workforce first which is nice to see

I think perrys will come out of this well,I've been to their service desks and I found it a well run friendly place to be waiting in

Not keen inbthe scrappage all it did last time was fill the country up with red and silver i10's which seem impossible to sell s/h

Thanks as ever car dealer magazine a good interview and Darren cut your lads pocket money down for walking in mid discussion 

All good points [thanks james by the way ] i agree about the scrappage 100% NO!

local breakers near to me had salesman taking split mint old cars to weigh in !

the flat batteries we have discussed in our team, and sticking brakes, we realise there is a opportunity here also from past customers ringing us with there cars been stood and we are currently working on a plan of how to "visit" these customers after lockdown, and sell them a battery at a good price obviously, keeping up the general "we are all in it together" type of thinking whilst continuing our friendship with past sales customers.

we are quite hands on people, which helps.

There is going to be a lot of battery problems ! 

Sticking brakes is also another opportunity here.

I'm not 100% sure there is the need for an artificial incentive scheme like the previous scrappage scheme, but if they do do something I think it ought to also tackle pollution and other environmental considerations. So that might mean the reintroduction of a government contribution to EVs. Or......scrappage only for older diesels(!).