James Baggott

There are a lot of questions about MOT and services going ahead

We've had lots of queries about how dealers and garages can keep their Mot and service bays flowing during this time.

We noticed a huge amount of search traffic to our site around this so have created a guide - designed for the public and the trade to answer these queries.

Do I need an MOT or car service during the coronavirus crisis:

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/need-mot-car-service-coronavirus-crisis/188392

Are you managing to keep this area of your business flowing? If so, how? Let me know and I'll keep the post updated with any ideas you can share.

Portsmouth Audi were helpful in informing us they wanted to charge £50 a day storage for a car that could not be collected five days after a service.  

The parts needed for mot work will soon be unavailable to affix to cars in my opinion

I've had the daily emails from eurocarparts telling me they are fully stocked and prepared for every eventuality but this situation is just mind blowing

I think within 10 days if we dont have lockdown which I want even though I'm struggling with no govt help a very large monthly bill for property rental (I expanded last year)  my isa shares now junk my insurance just renewed and paid in full  the govt will have to cancel mots as the staff will soon be self isolating for their own peace of mind

Anyone who knows me knows I refuse to take any car in for any work if its filthy and a pig shiti nside ,in these times cleanliness is nearer to my God than bum roll, 

Workshop is very quiet for us today with cancellations all over the place, we have enough sales prep jobs to keep us going for a few days thankfully 

So, what’s the situation with MOT’s? Is the system still live?

2 hours ago, metcars said:

So, what’s the situation with MOT’s? Is the system still live?

MOTs are still fine (at the moment) however;

On 3/22/2020 at 10:53 PM, New year revolutions...... said:

The parts needed for mot work will soon be unavailable to affix to cars in my opinion

(From what I’ve heard today maiin dealers’ parts depts. are only supplying their own workshops and the motor factors are expecting to be told they are NOT a vital part in the supply chain).

• Like 2