James Baggott

Have you thought about helping the community?

Now I know that everyone is suffering and during this time many people are looking out for their own businesses - but there are many things dealers could do that may help out others during this time of crisis. 

We've pulled together a list of ideas here that may be of use and if you can think of any others please comment below and let me know.

Supporting our key workers and the NHS will help us get out of this mess.

Take a look at this post and maybe it will give you some ideas:

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/can-businesses-help-communities-crisis/188242

I think there is a lot garages helping the community by staying open and doing essential repairs and MOT’s.Otherwise there appears to be plenty of good people on neighbourhoood websites offering to help.There will be one or two bad ones aswell.One thing we could do,being generally more ‘streetwise’ than most public sector officials is lobby MP’s and councillors with ideas.It is doubtfull however that they would take notice.Things that annoy me at the moment like the registered hard working, tax paying self employed being discriminated against when being not allowed to work.The least they could do is send them a cheque for a grand per month like the US proposes.Then these reports of frontline hospital staff not being able to buy groceries because of panic buying.Surely these 250 grand a year Hospital administrators can arrange for space to receive groceries for staff.Then there is the free food banks,there must be a lot of fraud when you see the reports on local tv.There always appears to be overweight people being interviewed and others on their mobiles and smoking in the background who are supposedly on the breadline........Stay healthy and Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Then there is the free food banks,there must be a lot of fraud when you see the reports on local tv.There always appears to be overweight people being interviewed and others on their mobiles and smoking in the background who are supposedly on the breadline.

:lol: TV, you’re of the old fashioned view that phones & fags are a luxury! Believe it or not, I’m afraid many in society think these are basic necessities, along with satellite television. Obviously more important than food!! Madness.

15 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I think there is a lot garages helping the community by staying open and doing essential repairs and MOT’s.

Agreed this is a great way of keeping people moving - especially key workers

my neighbours are elderly and in isolation,they have family, [who live 3 mile away ]so foods ok, and i have been in contact every 3 to 4 days to see if they need anything, one thing i noticed today was there family removing [household] rubbish for them down the road to there allocated wheely bin, made me think, so i contacted them and told them to leave rubbish outside there door, and i would shift it daily to save them storing it till family comes, i guess every little helps.

Edited by have a word with the wife
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, trade vet said:

I think there is a lot garages helping the community by staying open and doing essential repairs and MOT’s.Otherwise there appears to be plenty of good people on neighbourhoood websites offering to help.There will be one or two bad ones aswell.One thing we could do,being generally more ‘streetwise’ than most public sector officials is lobby MP’s and councillors with ideas.It is doubtfull however that they would take notice.Things that annoy me at the moment like the registered hard working, tax paying self employed being discriminated against when being not allowed to work.The least they could do is send them a cheque for a grand per month like the US proposes.Then these reports of frontline hospital staff not being able to buy groceries because of panic buying.Surely these 250 grand a year Hospital administrators can arrange for space to receive groceries for staff.Then there is the free food banks,there must be a lot of fraud when you see the reports on local tv.There always appears to be overweight people being interviewed and others on their mobiles and smoking in the background who are supposedly on the breadline........Stay healthy and Good luck everyone.

My dad helps with a local food bank. A lot of checks go in before people receive good to prevent fraud.

I had a similar view beforehand but from talking to him 50% are genuine long term cases, eg disabled having to pay rent, 50% short term, eg people who’ve over stretched themselves on finance and then lose job, can’t work due to illness etc.

As has been said in other threads, I think finance has been an elelphant in the room for a long time (as had been flagged by the BofE) and will not longer be so widely available.

18 minutes ago, CCC said:

As has been said in other threads, I think finance has been an elelphant in the room for a long time (as had been flagged by the BofE) and will not longer be so widely available.

I’d like to think you’re right for the overall good of the public but there are so many businesses reliant on selling on ‘tick’ I doubt it - where would the German car industry be in this country without it? Everyone would be living within their means if it was up to me.

From my local hostelry :)=

We urge you all to call your friends regularly because this will get us through this. We can defeat this invisible virus together.

In the coming days we will organise matters to donate all of our stock of snacks to the NHS workers.

If there is anything else you feel we can do to help you or a friend then let us know.

Be good | Be safe

Staff and management

• Like 1