Tom

December diary how's it going?

Had a right stampede at our place, could'nt move for punters. Anyway work shops now busy for the next couple of weeks with warranty returns ;) so hopefully I can sell some cars :D

Same as above. Love getting a deal on day one though, hate blanking so will take that.

Have some good appointments for next few days too.

2 days 2 deals

Not sure about everyone else but feels rather busy for me, plenty of potential around.

Out out of interest how do you find December as a month, last year in mail order sale (like the 12 previous years) we found December busy but only because it was a shorter month. Do you find enquiries dry up around the 22/23 or o people buy right up until 6pm on xmas eve ? Do you find it generally quite from the 24th until the 2/3rd January ?

I have sold cars before on Xmas day. To be honest it feels just like a typical sunday to me and i think to most people nowadays.

• Like 1

Think we've discussed this before but historically the period between Xmas day and New year has always been fruitful in terms of sales even on an appointment only operating basis.

• Like 1

Blank so far.

However I have an Open Day on Saturday to celebrate my 1st anniversary. And I've invested in balloons.....

• Like 1

Blank so far.

However I have an Open Day on Saturday to celebrate my 1st anniversary. And I've invested in balloons.....

Wise man. It's all about the balloons.

Just bought a 90k diesel td4 Freelander from dealer auction, 2006 HSE model so all the bells and whistles.

Fingers and toes crossed its okay :)

6 in 3 days cracking start. Sold my most expensive car to date on Monday aswell new shape Astra VXR GTC. That was one test drive I will never forget for all the wrong reasons.... :)

• Like 1

Another done today! lovely old couple on a Fiesta Auto titanium in the best colour Hot Magenta red. .

How do you find the fiesta, is it still the manual with auto shift or is it a proper torque converter box ?

none today, a few enquiries including one call 10 minutes after we listed it on auto trader. Also broke someone's heart who owed 11.8k on a car valued at 9k.

Had one go out on the 1st which was carried over from last month but otherwise absolutely dead which it has been since beginning of October. A bit worrying to be honest because the year had been fairly good up to that point. October and November numbers were at about 50% off where they were earlier in the year. The few people that I am seeing are a complete waste of time with nobody seemingly ready to deal.

How do you find the fiesta, is it still the manual with auto shift or is it a proper torque converter box ?

none today, a few enquiries including one call 10 minutes after we listed it on auto trader. Also broke someone's heart who owed 11.8k on a car valued at 9k.

Fully automatic Ford's always sell well. 

• Like 1

Do you ever have problems with the auto gearboxes? Auto boxes tend to worry me a bit unless its on a bmw after having had a couple of dsg problems in the early days. 
Are ford boxes troublesome?

Not that I know of, most fully auto's are fine its really the semi auto that cause problems. The BMW 5 series can have problems though on the early ones.

listed below are cars I've seen in our workshops but not cars that I've sold with gearbox problems

Jaguar autos mainly S types

Corsa easy tronic - more so the ECU rather than the box

C2 with paddle shift

C4 Picasso EGS

Honda CRV auto

A lot of people mention the DSG I sold one once and never saw it again, both my inlaws run DSG VW's with no issues.

Just stick with fully automatics not this semi rubbish. I even sold an L reg clio auto and never saw it again I took in p/x.  

• Like 1

Corsa, c2 and c4 are manual boxes with auto shift, some of the fiestas are the same, some are torque converter boxes. Dsg has issues with the mechatronic unit, personally I wouldn't buy an old one. I hated my a3 dsg, it was a horrid car. 

5 Today just me selling mad busy not had a minute!!! Nicely spaced not all turning up at the same time done some chunky (for me) cars.

• Like 1

On 7 now. Lovely customer came for a 2009 1.6 Astra Coupe I sold Friday, ended up selling him a 2004 Merc C180K Auto lol.

Took his Fiesta St in P/ex 2007 with 53k on the clock, only (minor) issue is 5 owners, but doubt that will matter to Mr Boy Racer. Gave him £2900 so hope that retails at 4k still. Full & proper service history on it, no mods.

Edited by See Cars Derby